register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
karen64
New Member!

11-05-2005, 07:02 AM

Ref Barking Dogs (belonging to a neighbour)

I live in Hereford and the estate we live on is very lovely apart from the dog that lives at the back of us a Lassie collie a my kids call it. It is chucked out of the house every morning at 8.00 am and still barking at 7.00pm. As my husband works shifts it is unfair that he should put up with this noise constantly. We have two Welsh Border Collies Brenin and Iestyn and they bark when the postman comes but when they are told to be quiet they do as they are told. As time went on the noise became unbareable and the only option left was to phone the council who were no help at all. They sent us a form to keep dates times etc as to when the dog barked but that too was no help. In the end they sent a man from inviromental health who monitered the noise level and he sided wih us saying it was bad. The owners of the dog were sent a letter saying that the dog would be monitered but they took no notice so we are still 2 years on and still with this barking dog.
It has come to the point now that one of my neighbours has reported them to the RSPCA hoping they can come up with something as this can't go on its not fair to the dog and the neighbours in the area.
I personally can't see the new dog bill working as there are a few families on benefits who can't or will not pay the fines so its going to be a viscious circle.
All they will do is get rid of the dogs of which most of them will end up in kennels or destroyed because of the attitude of the owners.
Karen.
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-05-2005, 07:41 AM
The poor dog no wonder he barks all day with no people contact.Some owners make me sick.
rob6852
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-01-2010, 07:16 PM
We had the same near us, so sad for them left alone all day and sometimes out in all weathers, we also have in our cul de sac and beautiful cat that is never allowed in, sleeps out in all weather, heartbreaking
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by rob6852 View Post
We had the same near us, so sad for them left alone all day and sometimes out in all weathers, we also have in our cul de sac and beautiful cat that is never allowed in, sleeps out in all weather, heartbreaking

Hi

This thread is from 2005, just so you know.

As for cats, one of mine is outside 24/7. She hates being in the house and even though we have attempted to bring her in numerous times, she will pace and pace and not settle until she is let out again. Her choice (windows and doors open most of the year, apart from now as it's freezing!). She is perfectly happy and healthy, for 8 years now, and has never been to the vets.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
thats so strange... this being from 2005 and only have one reply...

but anyway, i hate when people do that to dogs. my bf's next door neighbour has a dog who barks constantly. the guy got a divorce and was left with the dog, he works all day and never walks the dog, ever. she just gets a wee potter in the garden. its so sad. i stayed at his last night, and was woken by the barking at 8 this morning... and its one of those ones that start as a few wee barks and then go into a big howl...