View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Murphy and Willow have 'Arden Grange' - it is reasonably priced, ethically produced, Hypo- Allergenic and good for digestive problems. (and the dogs seem to enjoy it!)

You can order it online and it will be delivered to your door.

What more could you want?

Dan and Dogs.x
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 11:13 PM
1st see what the pups are eating when you get them

Then read the lable
If you really want to feed dry food then just read and see what is there

Most people agree that wheat is not the best for your dog - kibble needs carbs to exrude properly (yup its in there to make the kibble not cos your dog needs 50% wheat in its diet) so I would go with one with another carb - rice usualy
Dogs do not need added sugars or colours so avoid that (and bakers is about as bad as you can get)
Lamb is supposed to be the easiest on a dogs digestion - but most dogs can do OK on other meat sources
Also look at where they are getting their protein - many pet foods actually cut back on meat and put in cheeper veg protein - dogs do better on protein from meat - the plant based stuff in the main just seems to pass right through
Wouldnt bother with a puppy food - puppy kibbles are too dense in calories and cause dogs to grow quicker than they should - not that that should be a major concern in a small dog
but save your money
and dont worry about the size of the kibble - like any food you should watch them eat to make sure they dont inhale food but plenty of puppies can chomp down on large raw meals so I am sure they can chew adult size kibble

Pedigree isnt good either but I have been told the tins of pedigree puppy are actually good
Tinned food can actually be good (although you have to clean teeth more) but the ones that contain real meat and not processed chunks of meaty looking stuff

There is lots of good advice out there
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Have you considered raw feeding?
http://www.rawfed.com/
myshell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Murphy and Willow have 'Arden Grange' - it is reasonably priced, ethically produced, Hypo- Allergenic and good for digestive problems. (and the dogs seem to enjoy it!)

You can order it online and it will be delivered to your door.

What more could you want?

Dan and Dogs.x
Totally agree with you about AG its the best as far as I'm concerned.
Red would eat nothing properly untill I got him onto AG.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2