Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:05 PM

Your reaction to.......

People who come to your home who don't like animals. I don't mean the ones who say "Oh I'm afraid of dogs" (or cats which may happen in our case) or the ones who suffer with allergies those I will happily put the animals in the kitchen for. But the Snotty ones who comment on how they couldn't have an animal "Messing the place up" they bring the Devil out in me and I leave the animals to roam, I LOVE to watch them squirm...... I'm not talking about friends here though, just those that have other reasons for calling i.e I had a bloke call to price up our guttering and he made a comment "The only good dog was a dead dog" didn't get our custom either. Sure there must be some funny stories from you
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:10 PM
I dont get that i used to get people who bring their dogs in without asking which then chase my cats!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I've never had anyone be snotty about it. I've a few friends that are nervous around dogs and a few that just aren't comfortable round them. I usually just close the dogs crate doors and all is fine. (The dogs are lying sleeping in their crates anyway most times.) Or give them a kong in their crates to keep them busy.

I think if anyone was snotty about it I'd just let the dogs roam..... so long as they wouldn't be nasty to the dogs if I had to pop out of the room.
(I'm getting flash backs to a cousin of mine visiting when we were little; he decided to drop kick my cat into the wall when I went to the bathroom. I walked back in just as he was doing it and went beserk.)
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't think the terms "snotty about my dogs" and "a visitor" actually happen together - if that's their attitude, they can **** off and not come back!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I dont get that i used to get people who bring their dogs in without asking which then chase my cats!
Oh had that one too. Worst is when they say "I didn't think your cats would run because you own dogs"!!!!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I don't think the terms "snotty about my dogs" and "a visitor" actually happen together - if that's their attitude, they can **** off and not come back!
Yea poss worded wrong but I meant people who call not actually friends, but need to come in.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:30 PM
With 3 dogs and 6 cats here if they don't like it they don't get in!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I must admit just because I love my dogs, I don't expect everyone else to and I will ask visitors whether they are ok with dogs.

If they say no politely I would keep the dogs out the way.

Never had one being rude, but if they were it is unlikely their visit would last long and if they were salesmen they definitely wouldn't get any business
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2007, 05:36 PM
A while ago we had this bloke come around to give us a price for our home contents and building insurance as we have had an extension built and needed to increase both, but as soon as his guy saw the dogs he just told me to put those viscous animals in there kennels.

Well my reply was as simple as this "No they are not viscous animals and they live in the house as there are part of my family, if you don't like that then you can just f**k off" at which point he turned around and went.

Ok it might not of been the politest response, but no one makes assumptions and tells me what to do with my dogs. If your afraid of dogs, then you have only got to ask politely for me to put them in another room.

Politeness and manners cost nothing, but reaps rewards.
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't think I have ever had anyone in the house who didn't like the dogs

Most of our friends don't have dogs (too busy/too houseproud-who knows!) but are quite happy to be around them so come to us for their doggy fixes

We have other friends who like to walk with us at weekends to teach their kids how to behave around dogs as their 6 year old was starting to develop a bit of a dog phobia.

My window cleaner,postie and bin men all seem to be dog friendly. I haven't had any workmen in recently but would put the dogs out to let them "get on" if it was necessary.

Like Deccy I would say the dogs live here, they are part of the family and they love to meet visitors. If folks don't want to see them they needn't come I have worked very hard to teach both my dogs how to behave around visitors (especially little ones) so although they get excited they are pretty well behaved and not too in your face.

So within reason I would say love me, love my dogs
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >