Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Outrageous price increase on Orijen

Just popped in to my local pet shop to get a bag of Orijen - £58.99 for 13.5kg (the fish one) - it has gone up to £65.99 per bag !!!

I feel really sorry for the pet shop owners - they are so embarrassed that they have displayed the letter they received from Orijen saying the reason for the huge increase is due to shipping costs (comes from Canada). They have only been stocking this brand for a few months and have been plugging it loads - now they have to break the news to all the customers.

I have just searched on the internet and can see some places still have the old price (for how long?), but I like to support my local pet shops.

Great - really regretting changing to this food now, so will be looking for an alternative.....again....

Blooming outrageous. Moan over
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Is it made of truffles and goldust by Saint Michael!!!!

How expensive!!!!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
you would expect it for that!
One of the flavours is £71.99 for the same size bag
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
That is OBSCENE. Really. Wow. I have to say that I can't believe anyone would actually pay that for one bag of dog food. You could give your dog three fillet steaks a day and it would be cheaper then that.

For mine 13kgs would last less than 2 weeks. C-r-a-z-y.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Thats disgusting. Ollie is on this at the moment as he seems to be having a problem with raw again.

He also has natures harvest or nature diet so he will be getting that with a decent mixer when the orijen has run out.
It has always been expensive but they will price themselves out of the market if not careful.
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I have an unopened large bag of Orijen Adult, if anyone is interested & wants to collect it you are more than welcome! I haven't even opened the box it came in! (I bought it prior to discovering my boy sensitive to chicken, rendering it useless to me!). I'm in Leigh on Sea, Essex.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2010, 06:15 PM
That's just disgusting! It was expensive anyway and in the end it still is just kibble! I've nearly switched recently, glad I haven't now. You can probably buy 15kg of fresh steak for that money! And buy it locally!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybland View Post
I have an unopened large bag of Orijen Adult, if anyone is interested & wants to collect it you are more than welcome! I haven't even opened the box it came in! (I bought it prior to discovering my boy sensitive to chicken, rendering it useless to me!). I'm in Leigh on Sea, Essex.
That's why I had to get the more expensive fish one - Stone is allergic to chicken.

When I first put him on this, I was sold by the fact that 1. It was supposedly really good (which I think it is) and 2. You supposedly feed less of it so it kind of evens out the price.

Stone LOVES it, but I have found that he is a bit skinny on it and I keep on increasing the amount fed - now I am feeding way over the 'recommended' for his weight and he still looks rubbish. His coat is good and so are his poos. Maybe it's just not the right food for him. Which I'm kind of pleased about cos I'm not paying those prices. I actually thought that as it gets more popular over her that the price might DECREASE - not a hope!

Bye bye Orijen.....
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
That's why I had to get the more expensive fish one - Stone is allergic to chicken.

When I first put him on this, I was sold by the fact that 1. It was supposedly really good (which I think it is) and 2. You supposedly feed less of it so it kind of evens out the price.

Stone LOVES it, but I have found that he is a bit skinny on it and I keep on increasing the amount fed - now I am feeding way over the 'recommended' for his weight and he still looks rubbish. His coat is good and so are his poos. Maybe it's just not the right food for him. Which I'm kind of pleased about cos I'm not paying those prices. I actually thought that as it gets more popular over her that the price might DECREASE - not a hope!

Bye bye Orijen.....
It is a huge price, with P&P on top from some places !! When I said goodbye to Orijen, i said hello to Fish 4 Dogs, I cant recommend it highly enough, and have been ecstatic with my boys weight/poos/shiny coat & zest for life on it!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post

Bye bye Orijen.....
I think Wafcol do a Salmon and Potato formula which is supposed to be good? I know someone with a Dobe that can't tolerate most meats and this works really well for them.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >