View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Bentley Deacon Watts (Bentley) Just because he suited it right down to a t and i lurrrv the name
ananab00
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Otis after Otis Reading, my boyfriend is a big music fan. Our friend also called their black lab puppy otis, they went through black singers and ended up at Otis too! mad coincidence!
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:23 PM
my pugs...

Stevie, well it was a running joke with me and my partner that we'd get a small whimpy dog and call it "Steve" or "Phil"... I guess we saw the puppy and decided he was too cute for Steve, so we altered it to Stevie =D

Jack was named after a trip to vegas. Being our black pug we called him Jack i.e. Blackjack, haha
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Loki, being a Norwegian breed had to have a Norwegian name. Loki is the Norse God of mischief.

Want to call our new pup Lyra, as she is an Estrela which means Star, and Lyra is a constellation.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Hula , whippet , because whippets spin around when they are playing .

Scout , whippet , called after the little girl in the book " To kill a mockingbird ".

Dina , whippet , she is a rescue and had the name when we got her .

Lizzie , lurcher , was a rescue my son and I got and he chose the name on the journey home as we wanted a name quickly . She is Lizzie lurcher .

Fern , poodle , her colour is silver and she is called silver Fern which is the emblem of NZ where my son lives
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Hmm Noah got his name from a dream i had (crazy i know) i was trying to decide on a name fell asleep and had a dream about noah's ark and My Noah was pulling the boat. Well when i woke up it made sense as i thought Noah(bible) rescued the animals from the floods in the ark and Newfoundlands are water rescue dog. (im loopy i know lol)
twiglet422
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Sasha got her name just because i liked it!! (and my OH agreed with it!!)
Funny thing was it was the same name as her mum!! Didnt know what her mums name was and had already decided that we would call her Sasha. Went to pick her up and was asked what we were going to call her!! Must have been fate!
BriGoose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Spot- Because when she was a pup she had a LARGE white spot on her behind, its now around 3 hairs! I call her spud most the time, which im sure she gets annoyed about.

Sparky- My mums grandma died a couple of days before we got him, that was her nick name, so it stuck.

Its strange, i actually HATE clique names or boring names, next dog is going to get a 12 word name!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 12:42 AM
My 2 lurchers are called Danny and Jennie because those were their names when we got them from the rescue.
I also have a Welsh Collie called Bessie because my step daughter named her that and I didn't have the heart to say no!!
And my other dog is a lab collie cross and he's called Otis. I had free reign on that name because I once saw an hilarious and very naughty black dog on the beach and he was called Otis. He kept running up to his owner and then running away. My husband and I were in stitches and I said if ever I get a black dog I'm gonna call him Otis! And lo and behold Bessie got preggers and along came Otis!!
LILASONG-TT
New Member!
Female 

13-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Lil - because her breeder gave her the name - Diamond Lil when she was born as she had a white diamond pattern on her head - so cute must look for the picture

Boo - (male) i wanted to call him bailey because he is gold sable and white but dad has alway's loved the name so boo it was and i have to say it suit's him
Ailsa - i got her when she was 4 month's ( she was being kept by her breeder but i persuaded her to leave me have her ) and so we kept the name becaue it is also her show name - Siddhartha Ailsa ,

Georgina
Page 13 of 46 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »