Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
LOL, exactly what I was thinking when you were balking at £30.00 for a cartridge but thought I'd better not say anything.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Heaven forbid you or I ever win the lottery. There wouldn't be a pair of shoes or handbag in the land that was safe!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Heaven forbid you or I ever win the lottery. There wouldn't be a pair of shoes or handbag in the land that was safe!
I'm currently saving like the clappers so I can act all posh when I'm in the States and just pick a handbag I like, just like the rich folk do, and not worry about the cost. I certainly don't want to act all "redneck" do I ?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm currently saving like the clappers so I can act all posh when I'm in the States and just pick a handbag I like, just like the rich folk do, and not worry about the cost. I certainly don't want to act all "redneck" do I ?
One certainly does not want to act all 'redneck' does one? You go girl and be the 'rich folk' for a day!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Gucci are calling.....
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I used to use an HP printer (can't remember the model), but it gave me so many problems - not just with ink - that I finally installed it in the local skip, which, IMO, was the best place for it.

Replaced it with an Epson D78, but I haven't been able to instal it yet. At only £39.99, it was quite reasonable when compared with the price of HP cartridges. (Play.com)

I've decided never to let an HP machine into the house again.

Snorri
over the years i've had, CANON, EPSON, LEXMARK, and finally wakened up and chose HP. the PSC range that HP make are superb, you can use them "stand alone " , you can do photocopys without having to switch your PC on. HP software that comes with the printers can be a bit over the top, but you don't need to install it, just install the basic drivers. i installed all the software on the first HP i got and was shocked at the amount of disc space it took up , over 45,000 files. ( ridiculous, most folks won't need all that info in my opinion ).
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Trouble is, the IJT ones were NOT sealed. Just in a cardboard box, but no other packaging.

Let's see what IJT have to say - it they refuse a refund, then I'll follow your advice, Denis - thank you!
vicki, get yourself a refill kit for the black cartridge. refill your old HP cart and see how you get on. if you do, after refilling, wrap the cartridge tightly in cling film, paying particular attention to the printhead, make sure it's well sealed, then it wont dry out.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I sent an email to IJT complaining about their dried out cartridges. This was the response I got:
Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your purchase. We would recommend that all cartridges are stored in an upright position as they would be in the printer and not used for at least 12 hours before use. If you are still having problems please stand the cartridge upright in 1/4" of hot tap water for 5 minutes and then wipe dry and reinsert into the printer.
I've told them I'm not happy with their "solution" especially as one sentence in particular doesn't make any sense at all, and that I wish to return the whole order.
Am I doing the right thing, do you think?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I sent an email to IJT complaining about their dried out cartridges. This was the response I got:
Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your purchase. We would recommend that all cartridges are stored in an upright position as they would be in the printer and not used for at least 12 hours before use. If you are still having problems please stand the cartridge upright in 1/4" of hot tap water for 5 minutes and then wipe dry and reinsert into the printer.
I've told them I'm not happy with their "solution" especially as one sentence in particular doesn't make any sense at all, and that I wish to return the whole order.
Am I doing the right thing, do you think?
the reason they're telling you to soak them is that the carts will draw the water up through the print-heads. i think it's a cop-out on their part, they should have sealed the print-heads with cling wrap or cellophane to stop them drying out. explain this to them, and ask for a refund !!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2007, 04:19 PM
'Twasn't just the ink consumption/price that put me off HP - the little motor that operates the paper feed packed in before the printer was 3 months old!

The HP replaced an Epson SC740 which was s/h, but had worked perfectly until a dog ran over it ( ). It was never quite the same after that, even when I had it fixed.

The end result is that I trust Epson (the dog incident was not their fault!) and I don't trust HP (although their brown sauce is OK).

Snorri
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >