View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes I think that's inevitable - I tend to come and go and of course some people post and simply forget to come back or seek advice elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Canine K9 View Post
I haven`t been very active lately, but am trying to! I`ll admit my interest quite often dies down.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 05:12 PM
The only thing I notice is how many new members join every day - most of whom never make another post after saying hi.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2013, 05:15 PM
This site is the same as any other, we get trolls ( and yes we do get a lot) who posts looking for arguments, when you have been round long enough you can pick them out , plus as Meg points out folk come looking for answers to a problem , they fall into different groups, they either stay around, take offence at the replies, or simply get the answer and decide that's all they want from the site.

Yes we are mainly a UK based site, but we have a number of members from other nationalities who drop in from time to time, sometimes cultures do class, but that's inevitable. We are NOT an anti US site,, despite what one person tries to insinuate. What we are is a site that dislikes any for of cruelty shown to dogs, and being one of those elderly woman that is being blamed for people not coming back, I can tell you that nationality is not what prompts any form of negativity , it's the information that is given that prompts a response
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
The only thing I notice is how many new members join every day - most of whom never make another post after saying hi.
I think that happens on a lot of especially bigger forums, it can be quite daunting to launch in with a new post or it can be people just want to have a look around. Or like me they may have joined a forum and forgotten the address or password LOL lot of that goes on I think.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Well said Jackie.

I use pc and techie help sites like that. If I need an answer to a problem or an online removal tool I will join up to post my question or even to read the responsed to the same question posted by others and then just never go back usually. Google the question, find the most appropriate looking site for help with it and you usually have to sign up to post. I dont' even bother putting them on my favourites.

Dogsey usually features right up there in searches for dog sites so that's probably why we get a lot of joiner uppers. But then there are plenty of others to choose from. Some prefer breed specific sites for their pedigree dogs.

I can't see a memberlist on this site. Very unusual if we don't have one.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Well said Jackie.

I use pc and techie help sites like that. If I need an answer to a problem or an online removal tool I will join up to post my question or even to read the responsed to the same question posted by others and then just never go back usually. Google the question, find the most appropriate looking site for help with it and you usually have to sign up to post. I dont' even bother putting them on my favourites.

Dogsey usually features right up there in searches for dog sites so that's probably why we get a lot of joiner uppers. But then there are plenty of others to choose from. Some prefer breed specific sites for their pedigree dogs.

Brown panel white writing on the left of the screen 5 up from the bottom above pulling dog click here.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
...[snip]
9th on the left under where it says Welcome and your name. Dog Forum - Members List
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Maybe I hope that by offering advice or seeing others offering advice for a subject that we all feel passionately about would lead to more interaction so that we could have a dialogue about the problem and attempting to solve it or just simply offering support.

I guess we all use forums differently.

I don't think I could have survived without this forum- the initial advice I was offered was absolutely invaluable and continues to be til this day - although I've got his card well and truly marked now and am one stop ahead of his game.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Maybe I hope that by offering advice or seeing others offering advice for a subject that we all feel passionately about would lead to more interaction so that we could have a dialogue about the problem and attempting to solve it or just simply offering support.

I guess we all use forums differently.

I don't think I could have survived without this forum- the initial advice I was offered was absolutely invaluable and continues to be til this day - although I've got his card well and truly marked now and am one stop ahead of his game.

You've got his number!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Ahh I see it! 1605 pages of members? Not the same as other member lists where you can order by
name (alpha)
date joined
number of posts
There will be a very high number of members in the zero or one posts.

It struck me as I don't think any other website I use has so many new members signing up every single day. some days when you log on the new posts are almost ALL introductions.

I try to say Hi to all of them when I log on.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >