Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 06:23 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

I'm probably not the first up cos I actually overslept, so hopefully this will merge with any others.

Went to my first committee meeting last night in the chairman's house, he's a magistrate, lovely chap, and I will make sure I keep on the right side of him lol! I was hoping it would last half an hour, but 2 hours just flew by, it was a lot more relaxed than the actual resident's meeting last week and we got a lot sorted and had a really good laugh.

We've got very high cloud this morning and blue skies and I suspect it's just gonna get hotter and hotter again from now on, whereas yesterday with all that heavy rain, it felt lovely and fresh last night and it was a joy to see Zena sleeping so soundy in her bed without being restless and panting cos she was too hot.

I'm going to the beach today as we haven't been for a week and the tide should be right.

When I popped in to meet my guests at the van yesterday, they gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, I was so chuffed and told them they shouldn't have done that, but they said they did it because I am so kind and they love the van and all those little extras - how nice is that

Lynn, pleased to hear that mortgage is all finalised for your buyers, but it's now put you in a bit of a hurry hasn't it, but hopefully, after a 2nd visit your minds will be made up.

Jen, hope little Pepsi is much better on her leg this morning and that you don't have to make a trip to the vets.

Jenny, glad you hear you had a good visit to your mum yesterday, and blimey, even that road was clear for you.

Eileen, hope your mil is much better today

Sorry, can't remember anyone else, but hope you're all ok along with the doglets.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning H and all,

Easy morning here for me, just the hoovering and a few bits of housework to do. My friend Anita may pop round if she doesn't have to take her elderly lady out anywhere. Still have work this afternoon and evening but its good to have the morning to myself.
Lily is walked and boy is it hot out there already, the air doesn't seem to have cleared at all.

What a lovely thing for your guests to do H, its nice to know your appreciated isn't it.

Lynn glad everything seems to be moving forward for you quickly now. Don't forget i expect a visit from you to say goodbye before you move a million miles away .

Jenny I hope pepsi is sound on that leg this morning or it is much improved.

Take care all and have a good day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning all. I'd been here one night and it tipped down with rain! Hectic schedule - just waiting for Jen to wake for our day out in London. Her new man is a dish! And a really nice bloke too. I got a fascinator loll! That's it for now' typing on the tablet so no catching up for me until I am back at a proper puter.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

A much cooler night which was so welcomed - now a few cool days and I'll be made up. Quiet day for me today just catching up on housework and buying/taking flowers round to a friend who's birthday it is.

Helena - I expect you didn't mention your trips to Dunelm and the confusing tickets to the magistrate last night Lucky girl getting flowers from your guests .... don't worry I'm making a long list of do's and don't. Enjoy your walk beside the sea today.
Bev - I hope you have a lovely morning and your friend gets a chance to pop in for a chat which I'm sure would be a welcome break for both of you.
Tangutica - I can't believe the weather here changing just as you come over ..... you'll think we've all been lying about it Much more pleasant now and especially for your London trip. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the wedding .... and your fascinator

I'm sure more people will have posted since I started this, but I got waylaid in the middle. Hi to anyone else who has arrived. JennyI hope Pepsi is sound this morning.

See you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Good morning Everyone,

Helena, glad your meeting went well last night.

Bev, glad you have a bit of breathing space this morning.

Lynn, so the buyers have their mortgage all wrapped up subject to survey, that's brilliant now you must get on and find your perfect home.

jenny.g, Morning hope you are well.

Malka, glad you got your water ok, just hope they get that drive of yours sorted so you can take the silver monster out for a spin. Hope you had a good night with Pereg.

Have a good day everyone and try to stay cool still seems very hot here. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Morning everyone. Sunny and warm here already.
That was a nice gesture Helena. Glad the meeting went well last night.
Jenny I hope that pepsi's leg is better this morning.
Bev enjoy your relaxing morning.
Pat enjoy your day out.
jenny enjoy your morning with your friend.

I'm over to see mumt oday lets hope she is in a better mood than last week when Michael visited. I shall also pop in to see Gill who is feeling very poorly.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2013, 07:44 AM

Nechda - I probably was first up but as it was just before 5am UK time I let you all have a lay in so went back to bed! The meeting sounds as if it was good - how often do the committee meet - my next question, naturally, being how often is there a residents' meeting?

Bev - I hope your friend is able to come over this morning - you seem to do nothing but work and you deserve a sit down and natter even if it is only for an hour or two.

Pat - looking forward sooo much to the photos - I am still trying to imagine you wearing a fascinator!

Jen - Hoping to hear that little Pepsi has stopped limping

Eileen
- ditto that your MiL is much better today.

- Just as I was going to bed last night, thinking yippee I will be in bed before midnight, Da Booga decided to do zoomies throughout the place - pillows dragged off the bed and dumped everywhere... the throw on the couch ended up in the hallway... her two toy boxes up-ended and toys being literally thrown up in the air all over the place - and for a split second I thought ess oh dee it, they can all stay where they are until the morning, until I realised that unless I picked everything up I would not be able to get through to my bedroom!

If only I could get her out for a long run but having driven The Silver Monster up to the end of the ramp I could see that he would get stuck before getting onto the road, as where they have made a temporary solid strip for me to get across on Xanadu it is far too narrow for The SM. So I had to put him away again, pat him and say not to worry, I will get you out soon. Hopefully. Just duno when.

- cannot remember what else was going on yesterday - but then I never can. Brain Rot is definitely well on its way!

Have a good day everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning all.
Well it is so different today, cloudy and quite cool.....I'm not complaining
Peps seems so much better today, gosh I thought we were off to the vet yesterday! She was very quiet last evening but slept all night. Today she was reluctant to get up until she heard Brian getting her harness etc ready and then she was out like a flash!
They have gone for a stroll on flat grass so as to rest the leg a bit more. But fingers crossed.
Hope you all have a good day, I'll be back later.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning fellow members it is a bit fresher here this morning and I feel a lot better for having some sleep, it has been too hot to sleep much over the last week.

My DIL has jury duty and my son has the three little ones so I think we may take them for a walk and picnic It will be lovely when we reach the stage of one or other of them not wanting to use the loo every 2 minutes

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Eileen sorry forgot to say I hope there is good news about MIL today.
Jenny pleased Pepsi seems back to normal. I hope it continues.
Mini enjoy your picnic and I hope there aren't too many loo trips.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »