register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Giving yogurt isn't the same as giving milk, and actually I know of lots of adult dogs who do drink milk, I wouldn't give it myself, but I know of people who do.
You're making rather sweeping statements about things you don't know too much about
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
Can you tell me whats the point of giving yoghurt to dog?
Probiotics promote “good bacterial” growth in the gut. Diet has a big impact on the number of healthy bacteria in the gut.

And very easy to eat for a dog that is very poorly and off their food.

I was told to give my dog one spoonful a day when she was very ill - by my Vet.

Look it up.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Can you tell me whats the point of giving yoghurt to dog?
I find your God complex in regards to your knowledge of dog feeding to be quite irratiting.If you would care to look online at the benefits of yogurt for dogs from people in the know ,you may actually learn something. I give my dog yogurt occasionally,with no adverse side effects, she loves it and its good for her.Aside from the FACT that's its beneficial,she's my dog and I will feed her whatever I like!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Oh and I drink Kefir made from goat milk. It isn't the same as drinking milk. That too is probiotic and good for me and good for all the other people who love it so much here in the Eastern Med!

Methinks our new star 'dog dietician' must have taken a few days off sick when undertaking her 2 yr course.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 02:05 PM
LOL Eileen, they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing don't they.
I have given yogurt to puppies I have bred from a very early age, alongside cottage cheese and never had an adverse reaction.
I give my dogs the most varied diet I can as I believe it is beneficial to them in so many different ways and they get benefits a commercial diet just can't offer or compete with.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2013, 02:10 PM
But anyway dogs didnt tolerate lactose and I dont think they intake something useful from yoghurt... Thats only my opinion about it.
In which case, your opinion is that all Dogsey members and all other dog owners who give their dogs live Bio yoghurt are wrong.

Or to put it another way, you are the only one on parade who is in step and the rest of us are out of step.

As you are not a canine nutritionist please do not treat us as ignoramuses and assume that we do not know anything about the food we feed our dogs.

Thank you.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
I find your God complex in regards to your knowledge of dog feeding to be quite irratiting.If you would care to look online at the benefits of yogurt for dogs from people in the know ,you may actually learn something. I give my dog yogurt occasionally,with no adverse side effects, she loves it and its good for her.Aside from the FACT that's its beneficial,she's my dog and I will feed her whatever I like!!
So in your thinking if your dog likes burgers and crisps you can give it too? Its not about liking and disliking. Its about dog nature and what dog used to eat. Not yoghurts and things like that which is pure nothing for them. Dogs dont need lactose and of course they dont tolerate it so far. Probiotics as well. No one is teaching you how to feed your dog. Simply some of you got really strange thinking about how to feed your four legged friends.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
LOL Eileen, they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing don't they.
I have given yogurt to puppies I have bred from a very early age, alongside cottage cheese and never had an adverse reaction.
I give my dogs the most varied diet I can as I believe it is beneficial to them in so many different ways and they get benefits a commercial diet just can't offer or compete with.
Absolutely Good for you!!!Not all dogs can be fed the same and can't all be tarred with the same brush.Slight adjustments have to be made in certain circumstances. A little of what they like that's not super healthy,so what?I' m not talking about yogurt here, dare I say ( cheese) Really must try cottage cheese with mine. Thanks
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
In which case, your opinion is that all Dogsey members and all other dog owners who give their dogs live Bio yoghurt are wrong.

Or to put it another way, you are the only one on parade who is in step and the rest of us are out of step.

As you are not a canine nutritionist please do not treat us as ignoramuses and assume that we do not know anything about the food we feed our dogs.

Thank you.
Or ... they could just start a thread giving their advice about what they think is the best diet for all dogs? I mean I assume 'one size fits all' where this poster is concerned.

Instead of just hopping to every thread that mentions feeding and criticising and sneering at everyone else?

Help with raw? - Page 4
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Thank you.
Hahahaha in your opinion ONLY DOG NUTRITIONIST can tell you something about dog food? Wake up ! As person who did a lots of research about that you should really stop saying me I'm wrong because none of you can give me details why the crap and useless human food is good for your dog.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >