Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Message From Patch

She says Hi to everyone and sorry she has not been on but last weekend she went off to a show with her dogs and one of them "Gremlin" started to get wobbly on her legs soon after arriving and was not looking to good so she left show and headed straight to the vets.
Vet was not sure if she had had a stroke or it was something else, so Patch has been sitting with her constantly so she doesn't get stressed or worried. Her head is apparently slightly tilted to one side too and Patch feels sure it it something wrong deep inside the ear.
Gremlin will go back and see Patch's own vet on Monday.
Gremlin is a little stronger now but still has the head tilt and still abit wobbly.
I know you will all join me in sending positive healing thoughts that Gremlin is soon better again.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear this, healing vibes being sent and hugs to Patch.
My BC had a 'stroke' 3 years ago, I read up a lot, they are called 'strokes' in dogs, but aren't actually 'strokes' as we know them. They are not sure what actually causes them, but one suggestion is that it is something deep within the ear. It is a scary thing to watch, my BC lay on his side and flew into the air flipping onto his other side, I have never seen and never want to see anything like it again. Keeping the dog quiet and calm and out of really bright light is said to help...big hugs.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 06:06 PM
ps you wouldn't know he'd had it now, but he has been on restricted exercise ever since as too much MAY trigger another attack. They can and do recover, but you have to be more careful with them from then on. Better that though huh? Love to Patch and Gremlin
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Hugs to Patch and Gremlin! Positive vibes your way.
Becky
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Poor Gremlin

Hope he gets well quickly
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi MM thank you for the message. Best wishes to Patch and Gremlin, I think it sounds rather like Vestibular Disease rather than a stroke though it is not wise to speculate because it could be a number of things ...
Clinical Signs of Vestibular Disease
Vestibular dysfunction causes varying degrees of loss of equilibrium causing imbalance and ataxia. Strength is not affected, and therefore paresis is not observed. As a rule, the disturbance is unilateral or asymmetrical, and the signs are those of an asymmetrical ataxia with preservation of strength. Unilateral vestibular signs may result from either central (brain stem) or peripheral (labyrinth) disease. Signs of vestibular disease include: falling, rolling, tilting of the head, circling, nystagmus, positional strabismus (deviation of one eye in some head positions), and an asymmetrical ataxia

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proce...6650&O=Generic
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I do hope Gremlin is okay and my thoughts are with them both. Hugs for Patch and Gremlin
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Please God, Gremlin will get better soon. Poor Patch must be so worried and I'd bet she is not getting any sleep. We miss Patch on the board. Kisses from Oscar xx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh goodness, thanks for letting us know - poor Patch must be so worried

I've missed her on Dogsey and hope Gremlin will be recovering well - sending lots of good thoughts and hugs to Patch and Gremlin...

:smt008 {{{hug}}}

Wys
x
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Sending hugs and hoping for the best, be keeping them in my thoughts.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »