Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:40 AM

'No Dogs Allowed'

In know in France and many other places you can take you dogs into a restuarant without any problem. So why can't we in 'dog friendly' Britain. How would you feel about being able to take your dog 'out for dinner'.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
I have no idea why but people tend to misquote the relevant regulations saying dogs aren't allowed where food is served when actually it states that dogs aren't allowed where food is prepared.
Maybe there's a niche for dog friendly restaurants?
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I always take Cassie with us if the weather's good and we can eat out in the garden somewhere? Never had a problem with that, never been told to leave, but she does sit nice and quietly under the table. Don't know how it would pan out with two of them now though, especially with Georgie going round nicking food off people's plates!!!! Nah, he wouldn't really!!! He'd give it a good try though!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:50 AM
We enjoy pub lunches in the summer but like Helena we sit in the garden and generally they let gods in the garden anyway. There seems to be more and more places that are saying that dogs arent allowed though. I dont know why this is. I dont think i'd want to take my two with me on an evening meal but we enjoy walking to a rural pub and having lunch. I just wish more places with gardens would allow well behaved dogs.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
My local fav pub/beauty spot (Tees Barrage-pub The Talpore ) has a wonderful outdoor eating area but no dogs allowed in it I once asked them why not- reply was
" children running around- don't want dog pee/poop in that area". I think its up to the individual pub landlord- they either like dogs or they don't- it has nothing to do with the law. I used to eat/drink at a big hotel at St.Abbs in Berwickshire-now closed- and people were allowed to eat in the bar area accompanied by their dogs-they also allowed dogs to stay in their rooms.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 12:33 PM
The Kintail Lodge Hotel in the Highlands allows dogs in the pub part of the hotel, even when food is being served I can see why some restaurants would find it hard to cater for dogs with having limited space etc, but feel that pubs (especially country ones) should allow dogs in.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
We have one around here that allows dogs into one area within the pub. It was nice but a bit hairy when there was another dog there and they kept eyeballing one another .

A few allow dogs into the gardens, which is nice on a summer's evening, although some don't.
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes not all people know this, even restaurant owners don't always know the law. I was in a big store selling DIY products ( they also now do pets and pet food) I had a very well behaved I.W.H. with me, and there were kids climbing shelves running around screaming and generally having a great time. The manager came over and told ME to leave the store...ah well you can but try.
I had my two macaws out in a bistro one day, they loved going out with us. No one even mentioned it! They had a glass of water and a biscuit.
Walk in with a wolfie ( the most gentle of dogs) and they freak!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by bribiba View Post
In know in France and many other places you can take you dogs into a restuarant without any problem. So why can't we in 'dog friendly' Britain. How would you feel about being able to take your dog 'out for dinner'.

I would rather take the dog than Dougie I used to manage hotels and dogs can be let in to restuarants but not kitchens or prep/storage area's I think it depends on the dog, if you have rotts you can expect to be told no way thats coming in, more so if children are there, a small dog may be more welcom, racisim and rotts again I do understand some people are scared of them, x shona x

PS I really enjoyed my visit yesterday,
:smt044 :smt044 your not so bad:smt042 :smt043
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 02:17 PM
i was once in a choices video shop... i was carrying Mia in my arms and was asked to leave. When i asked why... i was told, because some people might have and allergy to dogs... :smt009
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >