Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:31 PM

The summerhouse is under construction

... and has been since 9 am this morning, but it got too hot out there, so Dave has come in for a cool down, his face is red and his head is throbbing he says, but it won't be long before I've got him back out there to finish the job! lol!

It will have double doors at the front and that window, and Dave will extend the decking out the front for me and sink the dog's pool in there, so they can lay on the decking under the overhang and cool off! Heaven!

I need some ideas please for painting, coz I don't want the green like all the fencing, or brown coz there's enough of all that in a garden, and I was thinking about cream and a dove grey or a sage green perhaps??? Any ideas? My theme inside will be a poppy theme with pictures and everyfink! Lol!

From the front (without the ladder of course!)

and my view from the inside, without the ladder, but there will ALWAYS be Zena staring in at me with that ball!!!

My house number 3 almost completed then!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Fab, Helena... cocktails on the lawn at 3 sitting outside the summer house. with the dogs laying around...bliss
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Fab Helena... cocktails on the lawn at 3 sitting outside the summer house. with the dogs laying around...bliss
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:37 PM
oooh H it looks lovely I'm dead jealous!! Show us some pics when it's done!! All we have for ours is the concrete slab, a pipe for water & electric cable - and it's been like that for 2 years now I've seen the one that I want, it has 3 rooms & an upstairs - one day maybe!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Fab Helena... cocktails on the lawn at 3 sitting outside the summer house. with the dogs laying around...bliss
Oh yes Jackie, I've got plans, big plans!!! I want one of those rattan sets for in there, but have you seen the price of them!!! (well, the ones I want anyway!!!). I've since seen a smaller version without cushion pads in Focus for £225, although the one I really, really want is over a grand! I could never warrant that even though I do like nice things, it'd be outrageous! I'll send you an invite when it's up and running then

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
oooh H it looks lovely I'm dead jealous!! Show us some pics when it's done!! All we have for ours is the concrete slab, a pipe for water & electric cable - and it's been like that for 2 years now I've seen the one that I want, it has 3 rooms & an upstairs - one day maybe!!
You've got a pipe for water???? Now that IS being flash when the house is right next door, not forgetting that outside tap lol!

I fell in love with these at the Ideal Home and was going to buy one from there, but Dave said it would work out too expensive and to look around on the internet so I did, Garden Buildings and it was £1,000 cheaper for the same thing (almost!!!). Oh we're gonna love it when I've finished it all and Dave has done the electrics for it. I hadn't thought about water, but then we don't have water in our drinks only tonic!!!!

I thought your hubby was desperate to get an office set up done?? You'd better show him these piccies and get him back on the case. I'm still working on mine, he's now got a migraine Poor Dave, methinks I work him too hard sometimes, but he loves it really
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:49 PM
sage green, a real light shade of it, oo you must, it will look beautiful! With some pretty clematis' or even a wisteria up the side?

Ooo I am very jealous, we're getting a boring run of the mill shed delivered on Monday, I'd much prefer a summerhouse!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh you don't want a boring old shed, you need one of these dontcha!!! Change it!!!

Yes, I think you're right, a nice soft shade of sage green maybe around the doors and window and maybe even the decking sides, and then a nice shade of oatmeal cream on the rest, oh I can see it all now I hate green, but I think it will suit it, and brown is sooooo last year lol!

Good luck with your shed!!! One day you'll upgrade to one of these I hope! I've had sheds for donkey's years, but hubby keeps chucking all that "stuff" in there and I can't get in it now!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh yes Jackie, I've got plans, big plans!!! I want one of those rattan sets for in there, but have you seen the price of them!!! (well, the ones I want anyway!!!). I've since seen a smaller version without cushion pads in Focus for £225, although the one I really, really want is over a grand! I could never warrant that even though I do like nice things, it'd be outrageous! I'll send you an invite when it's up and running then

You've got a pipe for water???? Now that IS being flash when the house is right next door, not forgetting that outside tap lol!

I fell in love with these at the Ideal Home and was going to buy one from there, but Dave said it would work out too expensive and to look around on the internet so I did, Garden Buildings and it was £1,000 cheaper for the same thing (almost!!!). Oh we're gonna love it when I've finished it all and Dave has done the electrics for it. I hadn't thought about water, but then we don't have water in our drinks only tonic!!!!

I thought your hubby was desperate to get an office set up done?? You'd better show him these piccies and get him back on the case. I'm still working on mine, he's now got a migraine Poor Dave, methinks I work him too hard sometimes, but he loves it really

Lol I think I'm more desparate for him to have an office than he is When we had the garden done a few years ago we had the pipe & the electrics run down to the bottom of the garden whilst it was all dug up..... just ran out of money!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good luck with your shed!!! One day you'll upgrade to one of these I hope! I've had sheds for donkey's years, but hubby keeps chucking all that "stuff" in there and I can't get in it now!
Yes I will make it my dream to upgrade it to one like yours one day!!! (and upgrade the size of the garden to match ) And to think I was excited becuase the shed has a nice window which will look out on to the garden, but it doesn't seem so appealing anymore...
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2010, 04:59 PM
It looks lovely H, but did you leave poor Dave to it all day? I heard you were out with lilypup. Cracking the whip when you got home, lovely!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »