register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Lynn, thats exactly what I've been doing, I've read NOT to go down the painkillers route as well. Would you know what I should be looking at precisely, everything I read contradicts the last thing.
I found a GSD forum and lots of them are saying not to worry about raw feeding because kibble is actually the worse thing, plus giving them puppy food, which I never have anyway.
I'm finding more American stuff than anything, so need to get things this side of the world. I think you've said you use Ester C with Dillon, can you have a look and see if it has calcium in it, one thing I can't give is lots of calcium
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2016, 07:21 PM
I use the Holland and Barrett ester c is kinder on the stomach than vit c. It says on the ingredients : Each caplet contains
Ester c supplying
Vit c 500mg 625%
calcium 54mg 7%
citrus bioflavonoids 197mg
Some other ingredients not sure what they are possibly the caking agent 1% of each. The tablets are tough I have a pill crusher for them.
How about the cortaflex equine strength with super fenn a natural anti inflammatory. I but it on line for about £55 it will last Dillon a good few months. The first bottle I bought lasted me from August till January this year that was on the starter dose of 10mg daily for a week then 5mg every day once a day. I got some locally from a tack shop that was the powder I didn't find it lasted as long so he is back on the liquid.
There is also the golden paste takes about 6 weeks to get into the system and if they needed an op you would need to inform the vet as it thins the blood or if scheduled take them off about 3 weeks before.
I also use msm and vit e with salmon oil. Then there is glucosamine and green lipped muscle.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Some on line ones June.
http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/ester-c...dVYaAtRe8P8HAQ

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Stride_for_...aT1SeKlt0lUaAq Stride for dogs might be worth looking into.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2016, 07:47 PM
June I'll ask my daughter what she feeds.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2016, 07:54 PM
The Ester C is out then isn't it with the calcium in it, the cortaflex sounds an excellent idea Lynn though. Whats the cheapest site to get that from. I've just done a big food order as well, delivery tomorrow so a bit late two ask about bone content, I've ordered some economy beef with heart liver and lung in it that was on offer, and I've a feeling there's no bone in it, will have a check on that and the other stuff. I think tuna and white fish will work as well. Not sure about sardines though, will need to find out. Sure I can make it work with a bit of thought. Its not protein its calcium I have to worry about - I think - I'll have to keep reading up on it till I've got my head right round it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2016, 07:58 PM
These are the best buys i can find at the moment. Not sure if these prices include delivery.
http://www.supplementsolutions.co.uk...on-equine.html

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Equine-Co...info/CORTAFSF/
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i try not to watch the news if i can help it Brenda...it is all bad generally
Hiya Harvey, how goes the "man cave" lol
My brother has arrived safely in Singapore
HiYa Sis
I also deliberately try to avoid 'news' now, it's not easy and I have watched a little bit about the Brexit thingy, but generally speaking I take the view that if something happens, somewhere thousands of miles away, where I will never go, and have likely never heard of, then it's asking too much to expect me to get excited about it, there's only 24 hours in the day and despite being semi-retired I still can't keep up with all that I have to do. I visit Dogsey because of all the nice people but even here I regretably have to 'ration' my time.

Just one of my 'projects' is the 'man cave' thing, it ain't gonna be finished for weeks, maybe months. but it is progressing and I can get in there and do things

So your brother is in Singapore, very interesting place, do you think he might meet a Singapore girl and settle down there You wouldn't have the unexpected brief visits to contend with then would you
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Thanks Brenda, that will help. Had another read and found out sardines and tuna have LOTS of calcium in them white fish looks like it doesn't.
Need to find out about chicken I think.Poor Zen, no more chicken carcasses either
Harvey you aren't in a race, do stuff when you're in the mood, when you're not go and do something you do fancy doing.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Harvey you aren't in a race, do stuff when you're in the mood, when you're not go and do something you do fancy doing.
Yes good advice

I hope 'little' Zen gets better, once again I can't offer any help with the medication, but I'm sure that between you and Lynn you'll sort it.

Time for my bed I think, goodnight to all out there, see you tomorrow.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2016, 09:08 PM
lol LG how to set Griff's mind at rest haha TW hope with all your reading you find the solution to Zens problem and that she'll soon grow out of it. Brenda you're a font of knowledge and do hope you find a good trainer to stop Tyto jumping on your visitors Hello to everyone else who I haven't mentioned.

Been really busy lately and no time to come and post, quietened down now. Was out the other day, came back no Sammy on either couch. Couple of seconds of oh my goodness somethings happened and he's lying dead somewhere lol Phew he was lying in his crate. Whoever had him first must have trained him to stay where he was and not come running up excitedly.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >