View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2016, 02:58 PM
i have the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got caught in it!!! had to go back to town and went with no coat
oh dear, i am sure as has been said Zen will get there....eventually and all i can think is thank god it isn't me!!!
Lynn, i hope you can find answers on your family history, my nan looked into hers and it all stopped as the parish records were lost in a fire and there were no copies so that was that! i have never had any desire to look into my family, the ones i have are bad enough Lol.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Spoke too soon, the rain is here, obviously felt you needed watering before it came over to me Griff
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2016, 03:37 PM
We have had some rain too June not much and looks like there may be more to come.
Hope you're dried off now griff. For me my biological side rears its ugly head every so often suppose it's wanting to know where you came from. I always draw a blank and then leave it for a few years.
Mum and dads side will be just as interesting but different.
Not getting anywhere very fast may have to reconsider the sites I have joined. Not user friendly or I'm being thick which is more than likely the reason.
I am trying to connect with a person on the other side, went to school with her and we had our first and second children around the same time and remained friends for quite a few years.
Then we went to Harlow and we lost touch found out she uses the site too. I believe she may have some answers about my biological mother same surname and a long standing Brentwood family as were my mum's side.
Other option is to drop her a line haven't really been able to explore to far before mum died as really did not want her to be upset by me trying to piece the jigsaw together.
Now she has been gone over a year it doesn't feel quite so disrespectful or hurtful to her or dad to now do some digging.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm using My Heritage Lynn, you can make up a family tree as you go along and it tells you of any matches that come from other people looking into their family history
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I'm using My Heritage Lynn, you can make up a family tree as you go along and it tells you of any matches that come from other people looking into their family history
Is that a good site and user friendly......My Mom has been doing the family tree for years she adores it but lost her sight last year so not doing anything at the moment would like her to try to get back into it so an online site would suit me.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2016, 04:22 PM
It is easy, because I'm not that great on stuff like that.
Looks like The Chase is going to be a good one today, one woman just got 10k in the Cash Builder!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2016, 04:22 PM
That sounds interesting. I used to belong to the paid Ancestry but it got too expensive in the end. I still have all my family history on there and they do write to me every so often with more contacts.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Originally I thought the problem of my computer not switching on every time was down to the mouse. Since then I have been reading up on my Corsair AX750 PU and it seems there have been several instances with similar problems. In my case it looks as if the actual power switch has a loose connection or something as it requires operating a couple of times even though the computer button works.
So after 4/5 years of constant use which it has had, maybe it is time for an upgrade. To this end just purchased a later version the Corsair AX 760 which as very good reviews and supposedly a lot of updated components in it. It should arrive tomorrow so have to wait and see. All the power connections hopefully will be the same so should be a fairly easy swap.
Yes I do have an earth lead for my wrist so I won't damage any delicate electronic parts inside the computer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Will have a look at that site June.
Been raining proper here just stopping.
All greek to me tweed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Its not even Greek to me, totally lost on my, straight over my head
You remember Lynne, don't you Lynn, with Taff. Well she was the one who got me on My Heritage. Often think about her when I'm at my vets as she lived not that far from there
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >