View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 07:34 AM
I think you need to seriously consider whether it is fair for a dog this traumatised to be continually exposed to this level of fear.

I also think you need to seriously consider whether or not a life on Valium is also fair/realistic.

Whilst you may wish to help her and feel sorry for her, it may be that with the best will in the world the environment in which you live is not best suited to her long term health and happiness.

Any animal (including humans) trying to cope with this level of stress can suffer terribly.
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2012, 08:00 AM
i have to agree, it is very sad for such an elderly dog to be living in such a stressful state, especially one who has already suffered in the past.
I have had the same problem with a GSP who would react so badly I sometimes worried she was have a heart attack as she would literally shake so much and hyperventilate.
She couldn't have ACP due to a health problem and nothing else fromthe vets worked although it would only have been short term if we could have found something.

I do know of a homeopathic practitioner in Ireland who has a remedy for fireworks/thunder/gunshots etc and it really works but I can't advertise her name on the forum.
If you wish to pm me I will let you know who she is and I would seriously consider contacting her . She has had worldwide success with this problem along with SA and much much more.

Your beloved dog deserves to spend her last years in peace and not be under such constant pressure. It also wilbe affecting you to see her like this.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I think you need to seriously consider whether it is fair for a dog this traumatised to be continually exposed to this level of fear.

I also think you need to seriously consider whether or not a life on Valium is also fair/realistic.

Whilst you may wish to help her and feel sorry for her, it may be that with the best will in the world the environment in which you live is not best suited to her long term health and happiness.

Any animal (including humans) trying to cope with this level of stress can suffer terribly.
I don't think that you have read the thread fully.

Not sure either what you are suggesting we do rehome.. get her pts as one vet suggested.

Or that we should have watched her being abused and walked away She would be dead by now had we done that painfully and alone.

If making broad sweeping critical statements like this, you should also make practical statements as others so kindly have done.

As I have said, we rarely use any meds and only when needed. Still plenty left in that first bottle. I know the dangers of valium . And of all meds; with my very poor health I do know. And I am not a fan of Western drugs based medicine for humans or dogs

Weeks can go by with no problems. Just now we are trying to get this present issue sorted. Including seeking a different house for all of us.

Not a question of feeling sorry for her; she is our dog and we are her people. she is family. We have had her some six years now. And when things are not as bad as now she is the happiest dog in the world.

I was trying to put a photo on; to see her running in the fields here in the early hours is magic. No lead., just freedom

These days there is no such thing as a quiet environment. Thunder happens in cities too as does heavy traffic noise etc

We are very fully aware of her needs and we are suffering too from this current situation; I have an ear infection and discharge from using ear plugs so much.

Please, be practical; she is around 12 years now and rehoming would be unthinkable.

Blessings and thanks
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post

And I am not a fan of Western drugs based medicine for humans or dogs

Please, be practical; she is around 12 years now and rehoming would be unthinkable.

No way can you rehome her, she looks to you for love & security and rehoming her at this age would be horrific for her
I certainly agree with your statement regarding allopathic remedies and hope you will pm me for the homeopath's contact details

hope you can find a solution
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 08:46 AM
It must be heartbreaking for you. I just wish I had some constructive advice to offer.

I think it is ok for Polly put up the name and details of the homoeopathic practitioner on here?

Hope you find something that works for you and your lovely girl.
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2012, 09:19 AM
i will check with admin and if it's ok I will do that, thanks
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I have checked with admin and it is ok to post

This lady is amazing. I have no connection with her apart from the fact she has treated several of my hounds (and my family) with great success every time.

her name is Lori Rose, she is a fully qualified homeopathic practitioner and she will take on your case via email & telephone so you don't need to worry that she is in Ireland.
She is a very caring person and gives a lot of her time & resources to animal rescues who need her help, especially with abused and traumatised dogs.

her email address is
lorimrose@aol dot com

Rosebud77, please contact her about your lovely old dog as she will be able to help you I'm positive. You wouldn't believe what she has done for the emotional traumas of my own rescued hounds.
wurlyshirley
New Member!
Female 

19-08-2012, 12:01 PM
i'm so sorry that she is having an awful time,you obviously love her very much and it shows too.i have no answers for you i wish i did,please give her a hug from me and max and much love and hugs to you,shirl xxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 01:53 PM
You say you have tried every alternative, does this include T Touch from a practitioner ? On the link if you scroll down are the Irish practitioners.

It's far cheaper than a"behaviourizt"& they will show you how to use T Touch.

I would never use Valium or ACP on a dog for fear, ACP simply dopes the dog whilst it's brain is still active & Valium should really only be used under veterinary direction & only as a last resort for fear as it only treats the symptoms & not the cause
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 07:45 PM
If there are no homeopathic vets near you remember nobody can treat your dog without permission from your vet, it is illegal.

I am a pragmatist, if you are looking for a magic wand, I am afraid there is not one.

You have castigated both your vet and myself for not providing you with a potential solution.

Perhaps it is because, in our experience, such a one is unlikely.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2