Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 09:01 AM

100 Tricks and Behaviours

Oliver's hit the 100 mark!

I started working on this video a couple of months ago, as Oliver's 4th birthday is somewhere around the 1st of August. I wanted to put together a video of everything he knows... the first video I did had 90 tricks, but my hard drive crashed and I lost everything, AS I was uploading the video to You Tube LOL.

I'm glad I had to do it all over again! We got in another 10 tricks in the time I was filming everything for a second time... It's easy to go off on a tangent with Oliver, as I do alot of Shaping and Free-Shaping, so he tends to give me some good ideas LOL

Anyway, here's the video, unfortunately it's 12 minutes long, but split into 4 parts: Obedience, Structured Play, Targeting (and yes, I did spell Targeting wrong on the title for it... I'm rather embarrassed , and will likely fix it and upload it again, because of an extra t ) and Tricks.

I hope you all enjoy my smart little monster! (that is if anyone will actually watch a 12 minute video )

ps. those of you professional obedience people, I know he doesn't look as sharp as most, but considering he's always on the lookout for killer dogs, kids and cats, I think he does pretty well

Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh Sara, that is absolutely fabulous. I'm just in the middle of changing trainers and some of these things are just what I'd like to do with my Bailiie when we start our new venture. Thanks so much for the inspiration and I'm so excited about learning clicker training. We have done bits but I'm off to a seminar in September where I can learn properly how to use it, although we practised yesterday targeting a mat and I was so impressed with how quickly Bailiie picked it up; I was that proud of us both I even showed my OH and I think secretly he was really impressed but he didn't say much (he never does though so that's normal)! I could just tell with the look on his face lol!
Thank you for taking the time to make the video and I loved Mouse' little stint too
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Oliver's hit the 100 mark!

I started working on this video a couple of months ago, as Oliver's 4th birthday is somewhere around the 1st of August. I wanted to put together a video of everything he knows... the first video I did had 90 tricks, but my hard drive crashed and I lost everything, AS I was uploading the video to You Tube LOL.

I'm glad I had to do it all over again! We got in another 10 tricks in the time I was filming everything for a second time... It's easy to go off on a tangent with Oliver, as I do alot of Shaping and Free-Shaping, so he tends to give me some good ideas LOL

Anyway, here's the video, unfortunately it's 12 minutes long, but split into 4 parts: Obedience, Structured Play, Targeting (and yes, I did spell Targeting wrong on the title for it... I'm rather embarrassed , and will likely fix it and upload it again, because of an extra t ) and Tricks.

I hope you all enjoy my smart little monster! (that is if anyone will actually watch a 12 minute video )

ps. those of you professional obedience people, I know he doesn't look as sharp as most, but considering he's always on the lookout for killer dogs, kids and cats, I think he does pretty well

I am totally in love with Oliver. What a cracking little dog you have there. I just LOVED the way his nose QUIVERED at every single Leave It!!

He must be at least part Parson Jack Russell do you think? I have truly lost my heart ... and that means so much from someone whose heart is taken by large wolfie boys!!

To me, he is the best and as sharp as the sharpest needle and if you ever want to rehome him, God forbid, please get in touch with me, Gnasher!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 10:19 PM
He is just lovely and so smart - well done you both. - and what a good idea to see how many tricks they know I might have to look into that myself - when I clicked 'play' I thought there would be no way I could get numbers like that - then watching it I realised how many 'tricks' we have and use every day without thinking - not nearly 100 I dont think - but more than I thought - Im gonna try and figure it out
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 11:31 PM
brilliant! consider my evening made.
nickynockynoono
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2012, 12:29 AM
WOW. Absolutely brilliant. Well done both of you. Truly inspirational.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Really great video!!!!!!! And wow well done you and Oliver!

And just have to add the music was a great match, and love how you say Do try this at home on the end credits!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Polarbear2008 View Post
Oh Sara, that is absolutely fabulous. I'm just in the middle of changing trainers and some of these things are just what I'd like to do with my Bailiie when we start our new venture. Thanks so much for the inspiration and I'm so excited about learning clicker training. We have done bits but I'm off to a seminar in September where I can learn properly how to use it, although we practised yesterday targeting a mat and I was so impressed with how quickly Bailiie picked it up; I was that proud of us both I even showed my OH and I think secretly he was really impressed but he didn't say much (he never does though so that's normal)! I could just tell with the look on his face lol!
Thank you for taking the time to make the video and I loved Mouse' little stint too
Thank you Clickertraining is really amazing. Oliver has seriously benefited from it for sure But Oliver is so seriously aggressive with strange people and dogs, that trick training is a way to safely drain his energy, so he's gotten alot of time in

Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I am totally in love with Oliver. What a cracking little dog you have there. I just LOVED the way his nose QUIVERED at every single Leave It!!

He must be at least part Parson Jack Russell do you think? I have truly lost my heart ... and that means so much from someone whose heart is taken by large wolfie boys!!

To me, he is the best and as sharp as the sharpest needle and if you ever want to rehome him, God forbid, please get in touch with me, Gnasher!!
Thank you Oliver is definitely a Terrier, but I lean towards Irish Terrier or Schnauzer crossed with a lab. Ollie's definately a special guy, but I dont think I'd be rehoming him across an ocean... though he traveled a couple of thousand miles to get to me when I adopted him

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
He is just lovely and so smart - well done you both. - and what a good idea to see how many tricks they know I might have to look into that myself - when I clicked 'play' I thought there would be no way I could get numbers like that - then watching it I realised how many 'tricks' we have and use every day without thinking - not nearly 100 I dont think - but more than I thought - Im gonna try and figure it out
It was amazing when I started counting! I was floored. I'm on a trick training forum and someone started making lists of what her dog knows, and everyone fell on the bandwagon... including me, but I also decided to do a video LOL. Mouse knows around 40 (she's learned new tricks since I wrote out her list)

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
brilliant! consider my evening made.
Thank you

Originally Posted by nickynockynoono View Post
WOW. Absolutely brilliant. Well done both of you. Truly inspirational.
Thank you Ollie's pretty amazing

Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
Really great video!!!!!!! And wow well done you and Oliver!

And just have to add the music was a great match, and love how you say Do try this at home on the end credits!
Thanks You have NO IDEA how long I agonized over the music! Drove me nuts!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Off to get a coffee and sit and enjoy this (as I did the last vid you put up)
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Off to get a coffee and sit and enjoy this (as I did the last vid you put up)
I hope you enjoy!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >