View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I do cant walk past charity box without putting at least a pound in and for dog charitys I send stuff like collars leads and wormers.
I am making a box for an Irish pound to send on 25th if you want to donate a old collar or something little.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I sponser a dog with dogs trust, Bounty. Also give money now and then to the charity boxes at the vets.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:49 AM
I do a monthly debit to WSPA, and am a sucker for one-off appeals on forums. It`s not much, but every little helps, hopefully. I think raising awareness helps too.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't donate directly, but I have a Dog's Trust dog and I am a volunteer foster carer for the Freedom Project.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 10:23 AM
We have a direct debit to the SSPCA.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 10:39 AM
I donate to Wiccaweys if I can
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Dog's Trust (d/d monthly) WSPA and HAPPA, I only donate to animal charities and the blind, sometimes motor neurone too if I see a tin, and RSPCA, even if they only do the tiniest bit to help a poor suffering animal, I still give to them if I see the key fobs, or the tins etc.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I sponsor a dog at Dogs Trust Leeds & try & help out with their appeals. Do some fund raising for GSD rescue & for Dogwatch UK. I have given to local appeals for RSPCA but NOT to headquarters, & I seem to be for ever paying for raffle tickets for one or other pet charity.
Have several others I give regular gifts to, but they are not animal related.
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I've never been tempted to give money to dog charities when I'm not somehow 'involved' with the charity or person collecting. I guess I'm never quite sure where the money is really going.

The Glasgow Dog Training club where we take our dog for obedience training is always organising fund raising activitites. There's normally something on the go from collecting loose change, prizes for raffles and of course attending various events and buying raffle tickets etc. I feel much happier about donating in this way because I trust that the organisers have done their homework and found out where the money will do most good.

I've also donated to Beagle Rescue simply because we've got a Beagle and we have got to know the people involved.

Currently our pup Beanie is doing a fun run to raise money for Beagle Rescue. The run isn't until October and we only started looking for sponsors a couple of days ago. She's already raised nearly £70. I'm amazed at how generous people are when they know the person / dog involved. I was expecting people to give perhaps £1, but most have been giving £5 or £10!! As well as raising money for a good cause, it's also superb fun for both Beanie and us, and it helps to raise the profile of the charity in a small way.

So for those of you that want to give, but don't have cash to spare why not consider doing fund raising activity with your dog? I'm not sure if everyone here is in the UK, but take a look at http://www.bigfunrun.com. This is actually a 'people' fun run but I phoned the organisors and they said they'd be delighted if people run with their dogs (many people will just walk the 5k course - you don't need to run). In fact, they were kind enough to put "Beagle Welfare" on the list of official charities just for Beanie

Here's Beanie's race page with a few piccies on it from a 5k she did a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.fourleggedpal.com/the-big-fun-run/

Also, someone got in touch through Beanie's blog regarding organised fund raising dog and people races (5k & 10k) in America. I exchanged emails with the organisor and he says he's hoping to organise an event in London in 2009 and perhaps in other parts of the UK too. Here's the website if anyone is interested:

http://www.dogrundog.com
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I dont donate money mainly because im short of it BUT I do walk the larger dogs at my local rescue centre, I often get the pants jobs aswell i.e cleaning up poo but i do it home so i may aswell do it for someone else
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >