register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 84 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 74 > Last »
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 06:08 PM
But in rescue you dont always have that choice as have no history or training.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
But in rescue you dont always have that choice as have no history or training.
I did rescue for 7yrs Julia and dont forget I manage a boarding kennels, so Im very used to dealing with dogs of all sizes. A dog is a dog, my point is, a large powerful breed will never be stopped by physical force if it decided to exert it, however most people who have large breeds can control them, not by force or physical power, but by their voice and the fact they have been taught to respond to it.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Which begs the question should anyone own animals they cant control but thats another thread.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Which begs the question should anyone own animals they cant control but thats another thread.
Do you really think you would be as strong as say a Neapolitan? or even a Rott if it meant business? Struggling with this one Julia. Im 6ft tall and no light weight and I know Im not physically stronger than most big breeds.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Do you really think you would be as strong as say a Neapolitan? or even a Rott if it meant business? Struggling with this one Julia. Im 6ft tall and no light weight and I know Im not physically stronger than most big breeds.
Which is worrying in itself when dealing with large powerful breeds that the majority of us arent strong enough to physically restrain them.
How many large powerful breeds have been properly trained?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Which is worrying in itself when dealing with large powerful breeds that the majority of us arent strong enough to physically restrain them.How many large powerful breeds have been properly trained?
Well that depends on their owners doesnt it. I could "handle" 2 male entire Dobermanns easily, but only because they did as I said, if they would of lunged forward I wouldnt of physically been able to stop them.

So you admit then that you cant physically restrain a large powerful dog? Given you said this earlier:
but you need to have the strength to physically restrain them should they attack.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:51 PM
No I dont have the strength the rescue I had the other day was 58 kgs of pure muscle and other half had to lead walk him as was dragged me everywhere but if had been taught manners from early age would of helped.
I just think its scary how many dogs havent been taught basic manners.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 11:05 PM
No I dont have the strength the rescue I had the other day was 58 kgs of pure muscle and other half had to lead walk him as was dragged me everywhere but if had been taught manners from early age would of helped.
I just think its scary how many dogs havent been taught basic manners.
Oh I agree with you there, far too many out of control dogs of all sizes!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Even worse cant see any viable solution
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
To be fair, Shona, you are filling in the missing bits the way you see them but it isn't fact is it.
It`s a very well educated conclusion, experienced trainers can read between what`s televised and what goes on behind the scenes or ends up on the cutting room floor. The inexperienced can`t see it because they don`t know what to look for.

I just cannot believe that some people think CM is VIOLENT!!!!
He is violent imo, mentally and physically violent and abusive. If a person rolled you and pinned you to the floor against your will I would guess you would have them arrested and prosecuted for GBH. The only difference between doing it to a human and doing it to a dog is the dog can`t press charges.

Do the dogs (such as Daddy) look like they are scared of Milan???
Yes they do.

Definitely not.
That should read `not to the untrained eye`.

You don't train dogs into very well-behaved dogs by fear and intimidation!
He does`nt train dogs, and there is a difference between well behaved and so shut down as to have given up on expressing fearfulness becaue all that does is cause them to be pinned to the ground, hissed at and poked.

CM does use some "dominance" methods, that doesn't mean he is "violent" to the dogs and because his boots were messy doesn't mean he's abusing the dogs off-camera
He has no understanding of dogs in my opinion, he uses brute force and intimidation, both mentally and physically. That to me is violence and abuse.

To be honest, with some of the accusations made on Dogsey about CM, I'm surprised Azz hasn't been approached because some of it is most certainly libellous An opinion on methods is one thing but to accuse a trainer of violence is quite serious, in my mind
I believe Cesar Millan is an abusive bully who uses outdated and disproved methods which are mentally and physically cruel.
I would welcome a public stage upon which to counter every thing he does to dogs which I consider to be cruelty, so bring it on Millan, sue me.
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 84 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 74 > Last »