Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2020, 07:25 AM

Daily Chat Tuesday 15th September

Good morning everyone

Brenda please send my condolences to Norma"s family. I always enjoyed reading her posts

Another lovely warm day again. Just the bedding to wash and have to go out to hand in forms at the chemist as I have a flue jab tomorrow. Might also pop into Wicks for some bits my son needs for next weekend

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2020, 08:04 AM
Hello all

Back to almost square one no visitors in the house or garden allowed from today. Also apparently the three councils involved Birmingham Sandwell and Solihull have sent a request to allow grandparent/family childcare to be allowed.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2020, 08:36 AM
Morning Sue, Kazz and all who follow.
Lovely day here again today.

Hope you are feeling ok today brenda.
Kazz oh dear we are allowed to meet groups no bigger than 6 from different households. Wouldn't be keen on going back to like you almost square one again.
Mind you I can see it coming again of not careful across the country.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2020, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sue, Kazz and all who follow.
Lovely day here again today.

Hope you are feeling ok today brenda.
Kazz oh dear we are allowed to meet groups no bigger than 6 from different households. Wouldn't be keen on going back to like you almost square one again.
Mind you I can see it coming again of not careful across the country.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
I do not think it is callously done at all in the majority of cases. But I do think we are as humanity fighting a disease that will run, no one knows how to deal with it we go into restrictions loosen the hold then figures rise and we lockdown again. I can see the tightening of restrictions in homes are now back in force because in public other people "police "in your home you are more inclined to hug/touch not wipe down etc.

I wonder if the so called "herd immunity" is the way forward...I myself feel for anyone in charge. I would not like to be in charge of keeping people other than my family safe although I do wonder if that's what we should be promoting a "Wash to win" scenario.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Not sure what the answer is Kazz. We feel we need to start getting back out there a bit, so we have no problem wearing masks when needed although will admit we are not fans they are not the most comfortable things to wear.
We do want to protect others and ourselves though so will do what's asked of us if we want to start getting back into the shops etc.,

I think you have to take some responsibility for the way you approach things so you follow the rules even though they make no sense, regards schools being open, pubs, people like yourself and our Mark having to work in retail and encouraging others to return to the workplace then saying as in your case no people to visit outside of your household or like here at the moment groups of no more than 6 and not restricted to your own family.
Michael was saying yesterday in Madrid they have to wear face masks outside also unkless like us who so far only have to wear them in shops etc.,.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2020, 09:53 AM
Hi all. I'm ok. Off to view somewhere on Saturday. Available end of October so it might tie in nicely. Just have to decide to make that leap and not lose money. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2020, 10:27 AM
Glad your feeling ok brenda. Good luck for Saturday and lets hope it all works out for you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hi all. I'm ok. Off to view somewhere on Saturday. Available end of October so it might tie in nicely. Just have to decide to make that leap and not lose money. Have a good day all.
Hey best of viewing.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2020, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not sure what the answer is Kazz. We feel we need to start getting back out there a bit, so we have no problem wearing masks when needed although will admit we are not fans they are not the most comfortable things to wear.
We do want to protect others and ourselves though so will do what's asked of us if we want to start getting back into the shops etc.,

I think you have to take some responsibility for the way you approach things so you follow the rules even though they make no sense, regards schools being open, pubs, people like yourself and our Mark having to work in retail and encouraging others to return to the workplace then saying as in your case no people to visit outside of your household or like here at the moment groups of no more than 6 and not restricted to your own family.
Michael was saying yesterday in Madrid they have to wear face masks outside also unkless like us who so far only have to wear them in shops etc.,.

Lynn have you considered face shields? you can get them in B&M now too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2020, 11:12 AM
No couldn't wear one of them and have been reading they are not as effective as masks.

Considering the amount of times we go out and the duration I think a mask is ok.
When I got my hair done a few weeks ago my hairdresser was saying as from the Saturday cannot remember the date but it was in August they were having to wear a mask as well as the face visor. She wasn't very happy she said the shields were bad enough and hot enough and they had been open since the 4th July and now being told to wear masks as well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >