Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 09:45 PM

Registering a UK dog in Ireland

All my dogs are KC registered but in order to show over here - which is actually a foreign country - they needed to be registered with the Irish Kennel Club as well. This applies whether you live here or in the UK.
There is a good system in place and basically, the IKC will register your KC registered dog for a mere €20 (around £14) and away you go. "Dual nationality" dogs!
With Taylor however, I managed to complicate matters by applying for an Irish affix, which has been granted, then did the re-registration from the UK in his old name. Then I decided to add the new Irish affix to the end of his name. So far so good. After some head scratching I realised that showing him in Irish shows he would be the new, longer name and if I entered him in a UK show - including Belfast - he would have to go under his original, shorter name as the UK Kennel Club didn't recognise the Affix!!
There was only one thing for it - apply to the Kennel Club for the same Affix, no alternative choices, and hope that they would grant it - and they did! Got the letter today!
How lucky is that!!!!!

So Taylor will be "Leaveslake True Lies at Granardal" both sides of the Irish Sea and I will not have the humiliation of being disqualified by putting his name down wrong sometime!

Phew!!!!!!

Polly and Polo, who carry my old Affix (no don't even go there!) retain their KC names with the IKC.

If anyone has managed to struggle through this far and want to know how to register their UK dogs with the IKC, PM me and I will give the contact details and the form to ask for.

Gill
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 06:41 AM
It is the same in the UK if you dog is recognised by a reciprocal kennel association then you can register that dog with the Kennel Club or you can apply for a ATC number (application to compete) if you want to compete but are not resident.