Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 02:19 PM

For anyone that uses Walkeeze harnesses

Hello!
I'm about to purchase a large walkeeze for Mya and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra buying the coupler and reins? Does anyone who has a walkeeze use them and if so are they any good?
I'm thinking the coupler will be good for when she's on her extendable along the canal as last time if I remember when I used an extendable with this harness Mya was tripping up and then I can just use the harness and reins when we are walking to the field (no need for coupler then).
Any thoughts/opinions would be welcomed please
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
hiya
I didnt have the coupler or reins for mine, but i did get mine lined in fleece by the lady who makes them - which was good for my little baldy staffie !!

I do think the coupler/reins if a good idea as it can be used like you say to attach a normal lead.

I walked bruno on a double ended lead and just had it attached on the clip on either side but if you attached the normal lead to it you could only attach to one side so it wasnt ideal for the freedom aspect of an extendy lead, as it made him pull and fall !

hope this helps..
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Brilliant, thank you, worth the extra money then I try to walk them at least one walk in a busy area which is canal or cycle path but on their extendables so they don't get run over by bikes the go far to fast along the canal Unfortunately the fields we go in don't have many doggies or people in so I like them to see things they wouldn't see in the fields, doesn't stop Mya pulling though, everything she's seen before is always as exciting as the first time
Thanks again
Tracy xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Hiya,

Never use mine with a flexi lead so can't really comment. I've found though that she pulls less when I attach a lead to only one side! (Obviously no good for a flexi though).

I have a double ended lead but one end ties around my waist for when I'm using a crutch/wheelchair/scooter etc. whilst the other clips to the side of the harness nearest me (she walks on my left so it's the right hand link on the harness).

Here's a pic of her wearing hers at Crufts! http://www.flickr.com/photos/thekenn...7614894214297/
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks for that lovely pic, you both look lovely
I think I'll give the woman a call and maybe I'll just get the harness and coupler. No good getting the reins if that will make her pull more as she's quite strong. If I remember right I just need a short lead with this harness so she doesn't trip up
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks!

Bless her, I've never had any problems with Takara tripping up! How strange! She walks on a halti training lead (double ended do-dah) and it's quite long sometimes!

Because we go road running on the scooter, I always try to make sure she's got enough lead to be away from the scooter but not get too far away but she'll run wearing the walkezee no problem!

The only time I've had a problem was when the daft sod jumped into the lake wearing it (I don't usually let her but was being absent minded) and got her leg the wrong side of the chest strap! Still, she didn't care one bit

The bonus to having a lead clipped to both sides is that you can steer LOL but I don't bother really...

I've also worked a border collie on a walkezee with a coupler (totally forgot about that!) and the coupler did work better than being attached to one side because she was manic and would swing straight across in front of me if attached to one side whereas Takara doesn't do that.

So I'd agree - get the coupler and try it with and without, see which works best!

Would like a piccy too please
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
she only tripped up in it with the extendable on... I soon learnt from that one and when she got really excited and tried to pull hard, she's so thick though that she continued and got her leg stuck!! I'm so glad Fred's easy to control! sometimes I have one finger on Fred with both hands on Mya she is so good in every way apart from pulling like a train, little monkey!
I will get pics, I need my boss to go out so I can give the nice lady a ring wish he'd hurry up
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 04:55 PM
I've ordered the walkeeze and the coupler, I didn't realise it might take a little while to come though never mind, at least I won't get bingo wings the amount of pulling she does on the way to the field She's actually fine on the way back, 2 days in a row I've been able to walk her back with just her collar and lead on, little monkey
I'll let you know how we get on once it arrives
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
hiya how long did they say ??
I have one here that i cant use with bruno presently but it was made to fit him, its quite a decent size - i could check the measurements but i would be happy to post it to you as long as you post it back when you are done with it ?

dani
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hiya how long did they say ??
I have one here that i cant use with bruno presently but it was made to fit him, its quite a decent size - i could check the measurements but i would be happy to post it to you as long as you post it back when you are done with it ?

dani
I've just spoken to Angie and she's going to post it first class today so thankfully I won't be waiting too long. I panicked when I saw it could take up to 28 days to come... hopefully I'll have mine for the weekend thanks for the offer though Dani, if there's a delay for some reason I'll get back to you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >