Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:26 AM

Horror at Appleby Horse Fair

Warning link contains pictures some of you may find distressing. Click Here
The ritual of taking horses to the river turned into a nightmare as a young horse drowned thanks to his rider. The rider cowardly fled the scene leaving horrified onlookers to pull his horse from the river.
Run free little pony.
Becky
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:37 AM
The poor horse what an awful thing to happen - the ritual makes my blood boil anyway but anyone with half a brain would get the horse out when it started to panic!

Run free sweet pony xxxx
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Another example of people using animals for their own pleasure without a thought for their welfare I wonder if that eejit had any experience of horses at all.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Courtesy of the Daily mail

One man, who was present at the horse's drowning, said: "It's a macho thing with the young men.

"They are trying to prove how hard they are by riding the horses through the deep part of the river. That poor horse didn't want to be there. You could see the terror in its eyes.
I had to quote this bit as it made me fume

I wonder how macho he feels now The fact that he bought the horse knowing that it wasn't used to water and shouldn't be taken into the river is even more sickening Even when the horse was panicking, he still dunked it's head under water

Gallop free sweetheart xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Poor pony how sickening he is really macho now isn't he running away,coward I cannot print what I would like to call him.I hope they find him maybe he would like to be dunked under the water and his leg broken.Bet he fled because he knew he would get lynched otherwise.
Run free pony.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 03:40 PM
That is terrible, that poor pony
I am lost for words, it just makes me feel so sick.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
thats disgusting - and the fact is they have a photo of his face in the first picture - put that in the local papers etc and then they can find him and prosecute him for what he did

never heard of it before but another pointless and stupid waste of animals for the sake of tradition.

they traditionally burned " witches " - they dont do that anymore do they !!

its ridiculous and heartbreaking
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Poor horse, he was beautiful. I'd have no problem dunking the guys head and breaking his leg and leaving him there to drown.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
put that in the local papers etc and then they can find him and prosecute him for what he did
He will almost certainly not be local. I don't think any Appleby residents get involved in this. Infact there are many complaints from the locals many of whom would be glad to see the back of this not just because of the persistant allegations of cruelty to the horses and ponies.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Poor horse, he was beautiful. I'd have no problem dunking the guys head and breaking his leg and leaving him there to drown.

i agree.

What a coward!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >