Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 07:28 PM

Absolutely Gutted

I am so p***ed off, I can't take Ossie out for the lovely long walks that we used to share. My scooter has broken and will cost as much to fix as a new one, so thats me knackered. I loved taking him out, it gave me an enormous feeling of freedom and we sometimes spent hours out together in all weathers. I have no idea when I will be able to get out with him again as there is no way I can afford another one for a long time. As some of you know the scooter was my lifeline and link with the outside world, it also gave me time away from the wife which is something you both need when you are together 24/7. Not sure why I am writing this, I suppose I can't think of anything else at the moment.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 07:31 PM
ah hun, sounds tuf!

i cant offer advice just a big hug....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) ))))
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh Steve mate thats awful , Is there no way they can give you replacement scooter mate xxdk
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, do you not qualify for some assistance? Are there any charities that could help you out or grants you could get?
I know what it's like to be housebound with no means of getting out and about so Big Hugs to you.
Becky
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh No Steve....

I'm sorry,big hugs from us all coming your way xx

Thanks for the card,yours is on its way
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks all, I just feel really low at the moment and I don't know if there are any grants you can get for this sort of thing. I am waiting for an outdoor powerchair, but this won't happen until they have converted my property including an outside ramp and I have been told that that could take up to two years.

Your welcome Sal.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 08:09 PM
did you know you can use your mobility allowance to get a scooter.. and i know there are lots of companies that rent scooters too

just thought i would give you a couple of ideas to try

sue
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 08:14 PM
I can't use my Mobility allowence for a scooter as I have a car on the motability scheme and I really need that too. But I will look into renting as I just can't afford to buy another one as they are so expensive.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Steve what exactly is the fault with the scooter as I might be able to do a temporary repair just enough to get you around over Christmas.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Colin that is so nice of you But I took it to my uncles garage he is a qualified engineer and he said that something has snapped off in the gearbox which has caused other problems too. I m not mechanically minded so im probably not explaining myself properly at all. But as I say my uncle took it in on friday. But thank you so much anyway Colin, that is very decent of you to want to help.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >