Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2008, 07:58 AM

What do you think of this ?

Mum still in rehab, locally close to her home my Sister and easier for me. Sling now off arm, and she is managing to walk with a frame and getting some physio on her arm.
She had her home assessment last week and failed miserably and has no heating at the moment so they won't send her home although they want too with back up. I am sorting out getting her new boiler in and having it fast tracked.
Yesterday they were saying they will put her in residential care till boiler is in, but back in Basildon she is really upset.
She will be being moved today, Gill has explained it won't be for long and managed to settle her, then they said she has to go to the fracture clinic at Basildon Hospital, now we thought they would do one trip but no, she will go to fracture clinic, then back to Brentwood, then be transported again to Basildon to the home.
I am surprised they have started physio on the arm before it has been x-rayed or looked at I did say to her Wednesday had they x-rayed it when she mentioned they had started physio and she said no.
But Gill and I were gobsmacked that they will do two trips to the same town.
rottiedad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-11-2008, 08:04 AM
nhs is shocking but at least we have it hope things go well and soon on the mend
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2008, 01:22 PM
...and they moan there's no money in the NHS - laughable bunch of unorganised wallies!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
...and they moan there's no money in the NHS - laughable bunch of unorganised wallies!
Exactly what Gill and I said .
Guess what now they are leaving her where she is because the thought of going somewhere else upset her so much they have decided she can stay in Brentwood till the boiler is in. Now they are being a pain.
I give up I really do.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Madness, total madness, and now they are unsettling her all over again. I shouldnt think she knows where she is
I would have thought that an x-ray was important before the physio too.
I hope you manage to get that boiler in quickly for her.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Madness, total madness, and now they are unsettling her all over again. I shouldnt think she knows where she is
I would have thought that an x-ray was important before the physio too.
I hope you manage to get that boiler in quickly for her.
Thankyou waiting for them to call still. I am not good at waiting.