Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Thanks all.

We all now hope we will see a more settled time with her.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 07:03 AM
I hope it all gets sorted Lynn and they can see to your Mom in the proper manner now xxxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
They dropped her off not knowing if anyone was available to look after her while waiting for the OT to turn up to do the home assessment. Mum mentioned my BIL was at her neighbours/friends house doing a job for her and so they knocked there informed him she was home and could he check on her and left. So her neighbour sat with her thinking the OT would be along shortly she then had to leave so my sister had to get there to take over. I then rang the social care lady and told her we were not at all happy and she got onto the hospital who rang me to say the OT lady was on her way in total it was 2.5 hours. What if no one had been available to sit with her ? I know another fall.
Oh I'm so sorry, that is just rediculous. What did they think they were doing, dropping off a parcel!

Never mind what could have happened had someone not been there what about just general caring and treating people like people I suppose the main thing is that hopefully now she will get the care she needs from them.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 12:41 PM
and so the incompetence continues .

I'm sure that Social Services believe that if they make things as difficult as possible, they can pass on problems to relatives who will basically give up their own lives to care for their relatives despite how impractical or unjust that is. It's emotional blackmail most of the time.

Unfortunately, the elderly are now treated no better than pieces of meat and their feelings are just pushed aside in attempts to save money. It's not sad, it's infuriating and so very, very unjust.

I can only imagine how much this has affected Gill's illness and hope that she can find some 'me' time to help her recharge her batteries to enable her to fight her own battles.

It's so unfair, it's sickening. I just hope that now, for all concerned, things are moving forward and your mum gets what she needs so that, as you say, all her family can start to relax and enjoy the times you have left together instead of being in a state of constant worry xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Chris has said it all for me there Lynn, I'm so sorry you had to bear all the agony of this yet again, and poor Gill too, it's not only sickening, it's totally unbelievable how they treat some of our oldies nowadays, just like a piece of furniture that gets "dropped off" as someone else's problem!!! So upsetting for all concerned.

Anyway, let's hope she now settles well and enjoys being taken care of the way she should in her fragile state, and all of you can take some deep breaths now knowing that she's having the proper care she needs. I know how much it relaxed me when we finally had to put mum into care when she needed it 24/7, so let them do their job, you can now take a back seat and enjoy the remaining time you have with her at your choice, not having to be summoned or rushing to her home or the hospital in a panic coz she's fallen. All the best with her Lynn and all the best for Gill.xxxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 05:53 PM
What a horrible time you have all had.........it defies belief that such things go on, but of course we all know that it does - we read it in the papers etc.. It is not until it comes home to roost as it were that the full horror of such a situation becomes clear.

I am so sorry for you Lynn and for your mother and really hope that things will now improve dramatically so that you can go to your bed at night and not lie there worrying, as I am sure you must have been for so long.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2