View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh! so sorry Lynn, hope she will be fine soon.....hugs to Mom and yourself of course xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Poor mum.........

Hugs to you all Lynn - hope mum is home safe by now xx
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear this Lynn

Hugs to you and your family

x x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Oh! so sorry Lynn, hope she will be fine soon.....hugs to Mom and yourself of course xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Poor mum.........

Hugs to you all Lynn - hope mum is home safe by now xx
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Sorry to hear this Lynn

Hugs to you and your family

x x
Thank you all.

Just got off the phone to her and she is doing ok. Nothing broken or fractured this time thankfully.

I have had a long chat with her and once again she is doing too much so I am taking over now I have told her for an hours extra work when I go over there once a
fortnight it will save a lot of time and worry with her having these falls and me having tto worry about her and Gill.

She had been doing washing, making bubble and squeak which involved her peeling potatoes and sprouts why I cannot imagine when I cook all her dinners for her but she does anyway and her washing her floor she cannot get down to do it doesn't use a mop uses a dish cloth under her feet.

I have told her nicely but firmly she has to stop her legs do not work properly she has no strength in her arms and she does us no favours saying she is independent when she isn't and needs to stop doing all these things when she has no need all her children are prepared to do something to allow her to stay at home so make the most of it because one day it will be out of our hands and hers.

We will see how it goes I am onto Social services tomorrow to chase them up she is on their radar now. The Dr yesterday said she needs more care the carers we had are useless and and do not run their books properly so we have the bare minimum from them now and unfortunately there are no others that cover where mum lives.

I am also taking her to see her consultant on the 7th of December so will have a word with him too.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Only just caught this thread,
I'm sorry to hear your Mum has had another fall Lynn but so pleased she hasn't broken anything.

My Nan is a worry,she fell last year and broke her arm
I ring everyday or every other day to make sure she is ok.She still gets on the bus from Sedgley to wolverhampton on her own and she is 89 yrs
They don't know when to slow down and take things easy do they,they are so independent
She is like your Mum and does all her own cooking etc but does have a cleaner once a week for an hour,has a carer come in too but keeps saying she is fine and doesn't need her

They are such a worry arn't they,hope your appointment goes well
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Hope your Mum will be ok, am glad nothing broken. Good luck with everything.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Only just caught this thread,
I'm sorry to hear your Mum has had another fall Lynn but so pleased she hasn't broken anything.

My Nan is a worry,she fell last year and broke her arm
I ring everyday or every other day to make sure she is ok.She still gets on the bus from Sedgley to wolverhampton on her own and she is 89 yrs
They don't know when to slow down and take things easy do they,they are so independent
She is like your Mum and does all her own cooking etc but does have a cleaner once a week for an hour,has a carer come in too but keeps saying she is fine and doesn't need her

They are such a worry arn't they,hope your appointment goes well
Thanks Sal. Mum is 90 and if she was well enough and capable she would be still getting on the bus too.

Good luck with your nan.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear she's back home, nothing broken and she's out of pain once more, poor old soul. All those words of wisdom you spoke to her there Lynn, well done for that, but you know where it's going to go dontcha!!!! Oh that did make me laugh about her making her bubble and queak there!!! I think I have an affinity with your dear old mum, I'm going to be just like her when I'm her ripe old age!!!!

Anyway, hopefully, your words of wisdom did actually sink in a bit and she'll try not to do so much, and try and be more careful when she's whizzing that dishcloth around the floor under her slipper!! Oh dear, I do that now and I'm nowhere near 90!!!!

I know after half a dozen falls my own mum did actually try and slow down a bit, or think before moving her legs, but there's nothing you can do when the legs just go from underneath you I suppose is there! Bless her heart, I hope she copes ok and stays upright for a long time yet, and good luck with all your forthcoming visits, get all the help you need for her.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope your Mum will be ok, am glad nothing broken. Good luck with everything.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad to hear she's back home, nothing broken and she's out of pain once more, poor old soul. All those words of wisdom you spoke to her there Lynn, well done for that, but you know where it's going to go dontcha!!!! Oh that did make me laugh about her making her bubble and queak there!!! I think I have an affinity with your dear old mum, I'm going to be just like her when I'm her ripe old age!!!!

Anyway, hopefully, your words of wisdom did actually sink in a bit and she'll try not to do so much, and try and be more careful when she's whizzing that dishcloth around the floor under her slipper!! Oh dear, I do that now and I'm nowhere near 90!!!!

I know after half a dozen falls my own mum did actually try and slow down a bit, or think before moving her legs, but there's nothing you can do when the legs just go from underneath you I suppose is there! Bless her heart, I hope she copes ok and stays upright for a long time yet, and good luck with all your forthcoming visits, get all the help you need for her.
Helena It won't last long she will be up to her old tricks again before long. She just cannot put two and two together and make 4 and see what damage she is doing to herself and that in the end it will end in tears and she will have no choice but to leave her home.

As of yet she has got away with it so many times but if she keeps having these unexplained falls and the use of her legs gets less and less every day till she can longer walk and she seems to be losing the use in her arms also you would think she would start to try to save some of that energy into staying where she is. But no I am under no illusions she will be up top her old tricks again soon. But Gill and I in particular are getting tired and stressed now with it all especially Gill who could well do without all this. It will all end in tears one way or another.

Keep soldiering on thats all we can do.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Pleased she's home Lynn but sorry to hear she's fallen again xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >