Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2005, 06:50 PM

Mix up!

Thought this was quite funny, although not for the owner.

http://archive.thisisthenortheast.co.../3/212985.html

What's worse is they used to be my vet! Although Pickles lost his bits years ago so ther was no danger there!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2005, 06:53 PM
OMG

That's scary!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Well, I'm not a breeder so what I am about to say is from a personal view. Looks to me like many unwanted pups will not be born thanks to this mix-up. Surely 8 is a little old to be a stud dog anyway? Personally, I think the vet deserves £100 for a night out. This woman is just after compensation, surely? She can't mean what she's saying......can she?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2005, 07:02 PM
I know J, it's a mix up and half ain't it?
Originally Posted by Vicki
Well, I'm not a breeder so what I am about to say is from a personal view. Looks to me like many unwanted pups will not be born thanks to this mix-up. Surely 8 is a little old to be a stud dog anyway? Personally, I think the vet deserves £100 for a night out. This woman is just after compensation, surely? She can't mean what she's saying......can she?
I know I feel the same way, you should of heard what was coming out of my mouth when she mentioned she wanted to breed from him.
Think my family are sick of hearing me go on about it! And she seemed pretty ready to go all out for compensation.

The dog was lovely, as a pet. But didn't look like breeding material to me, like you say some unwanted pups avoided thankfully.What made me laugh was that there was 2 dogs called Norman in that day! I mean what are the chances?

At the end of the report she said they'd renamed him Norman no nuts!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes I saw that in the paper too!

I agree, first thing I thought (apart from thank goodness they are not my vet!) was why would they want to breed from an eight yr old dog?? Sounds to me like they were after more compensation and thought that was the way to get it, by making out they wanted to breed. Muppets!!!

Makes you wonder just how competent your own vet is though (and here's Oz going in tomorrow for X-rays under sedation - hope he comes out with his tackle in tact!!!)
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 03:16 PM
must admit i can see the funny side but , really it could all have been avoided if she'd read what she was signing
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Agree he is a bit old to become a dad
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
thank god they did the worlld a favour...no unwanted pups...i thought 8 was too old anyway?

Compo here she comes!!!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Mrs Miller was told she had signed a consent form for Norman's castration, although she said she was not told what she was signing.
She could have been signing her life away for all she knew - silly woman.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
I think she came out of this quite well ...
castration and £100 compensation ..
I wish the vet would spay my next bitch accidently
It's a good job the other dog with the same name wasn't in for an amputaion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >