View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I've got some elcetric fence posts which i have used.
But i want to teach her properly with the right poles at the correct distance, as it would be a dream to compete, just want to do it right!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 11:56 AM
same ere!!

first comp is after april

im planning to go to proper classes soon... just finding one thats the problem!!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Have you not been to a class yet?
I wouldn't compete unless i had proper training. Agility is quite difficult, body language, turns, contacts not forgetting rules & regulations!!!
You'll see how different the training is once you have joined a class. Also dogs work differently around other dogs running.
I know that if i ever get to compete Bess, she will work differently than when she is training.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
same ere!!

first comp is after april

im planning to go to proper classes soon... just finding one thats the problem!!
Me sticking my beak in again
Hun, if its a KC competition she won`t be old enough to compete in April - she was 10 months old in September if memory serves ? If a KC show the minimum age to compete is 18 months, and she would have to be officially measured first.
Seriously hun, you need to train at a good club and get her used to all the equipment and atmosphere long before you even think of competing - to go from garden training [ and she is only just old enough now to start training proper ], without a full kit and experienced instruction, and straight into a competition ring [ when she is eligible on age ], just isnt realistic nor safe :smt009
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for putting that in English for me Patch. Your always good and wording things. I agree with what you've said. Bess is ok because she's 2 1/2 which is handy.
After my agility class i go home buzzing, but some what confused :smt017
But 'I LOVE IT'!!!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Me sticking my beak in again
Hun, if its a KC competition she won`t be old enough to compete in April - she was 10 months old in September if memory serves ? If a KC show the minimum age to compete is 18 months, and she would have to be officially measured first.
Seriously hun, you need to train at a good club and get her used to all the equipment and atmosphere long before you even think of competing - to go from garden training [ and she is only just old enough now to start training proper ], without a full kit and experienced instruction, and straight into a competition ring [ when she is eligible on age ], just isnt realistic nor safe :smt009

erm no - she was born in october last year !!!!

i say april - were looking for a club - so after april she can compete - i know about the 18 month rule lol!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
erm no - she was born in october last year !!!!
I knew I`d had an age reference in mind from somewhere, found it now - I was going by when you posted in September and said she was 10 months old then so in April she would be 17 months

http://www.dogsey.com/showpost.php?p...89&postcount=1

i say april - were looking for a club - so after april she can compete - i know about the 18 month rule lol!
I did`nt mean to sound patronising on that point, I`m sorry if I came across that way, and I thought you meant you had her booked in for a competition in April so I must have misunderstood
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I knew I`d had an age reference in mind from somewhere, found it now - I was going by when you posted in September and said she was 10 months old then so in April she would be 17 months

http://www.dogsey.com/showpost.php?p...89&postcount=1

I did`nt mean to sound patronising on that point, I`m sorry if I came across that way, and I thought you meant you had her booked in for a competition in April so I must have misunderstood

oh did i??? shes 12 months now - her b'day was 23rd oct - mabye it was a blonde moment
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2