View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 06:49 PM
"Thank you Westie_N, we all had great fun as soon as Jack saw the jumps he started to get exited, pulling and squeeking Chris totally agrees with you about his command with the back jumping, he said that as Jack jumped it backwards he knew he had told him to do that, but he (Chris) was already mentally at the weaves and wasn't really concentrating on that jump, but still a great learning curve for both of them
We've got a club Agility Demo tomorrow"

I'm sure Chris and Jack will go very far, they have a lot of potential together, that is obvious. Glad you understand what I meant! It's very easily done, I must admit. Anyone can do it.

Keep up the hard work and good luck for tomorrow! Again, let us know how you get on! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I really enjoyed both the video and the photos, he looked great to me, but then I know nothing about agility. It looked great fun though and I suspect thats what its all about.

Well done to Jack and Chris
Thanks scorpio, glad you enjoyed them

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Brilliant set of pics and vid

Videoing runs are such a great learning opportunity, its the only a way a handler can really see what the dog see`s so they are really useful to show timing and positioning and any tweaks a handler can work on

The cross behind at the far end was lovely, very smooth indeed, it really stood out to me
I think once your lad realises he is a better handler than he thinks he is and gets his confidence and speed up, [ the speed comes with the confidence ], you`ll see some fantastic runs from them

Pet peeve - I hate when the open tunnel is out straight like that, I wish more judges would realise that we are`nt all Linford Christie clones :smt044
Thanks Patch, I've videod (sp) a few runs he's done at training and they've really helped Chris a lot, and that's one brilliant thing with Chris he never blames Jack for anything, it's always his fault. looking forward to some fantastic runs from them both I don't think Chris could do 100m in less than 10 seconds if his life depended on it
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Really enjoyed the video & photos - I thought Jack & Chris looked great especially for their first proper show.
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Pet peeve - I hate when the open tunnel is out straight like that, I wish more judges would realise that we are`nt all Linford Christie clones

Ahhhhh but the trick is to teach your dog to come out of the tunnel flat out fast, basically the same way he went in.......:smt002
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Excellent pics and video, I really enjoyed watching/looking at them!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
Ahhhhh but the trick is to teach your dog to come out of the tunnel flat out fast, basically the same way he went in.......:smt002
Thats not the problem - its me getting to the end of the tunnel in a reasonable time without needing to reach for an oxygen tank thats the issue for me :smt044
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Really enjoyed the video & photos - I thought Jack & Chris looked great especially for their first proper show.
Thanks Hali

Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
Jack only knows one speed in Agility, flat out while poor old Chris is a little more sedate

Originally Posted by sweetveronica View Post
Excellent pics and video, I really enjoyed watching/looking at them!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks sweetveronica

The whole day was just incredible, the atmosphere was amazing, most of the people there were so friendly
There were 3 other ladies from our club there and quite experianced and they helped Chris a lot, they walked the course with him before hand and pointed out things to him, they really were fantastic, and cheered and clapped when he had finished and also now, they're going to help with the things Chris & Jack messed up on at weekly practise our next show it towards the end September at paws in the park
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Fantastic! I loved watching that video - quick or what Looks like he really enjoyed himself to
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2