View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Big hugs to you and Dave, Helena, that must have been terrifying for you both. Glad that Dave is back home now. Make sure you both try and take it easy, you've had a lot of worries recently with Georgie and other things.xx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thankyou sooooooo much for all your kind wishes for my poor Dave, it's so comforting to read these, and sorry I can't answer you all individually but I'm feeling a tad shaky meself here as you can imagine.

Azz he drinks too much water as far as I'm concerned, always filling a pint glass at the sink, so that's not the problem. Sorry to hear about Brian Jen.xx

Chris he had an MRI scan when he last had a really severe headache about 6 months ago when he ended up in hospital for 2 days, and a spinal tap and.....nothing BUT, having said that, my physio that he sees has told me she has contacted the private MRI place where I went for my shoulder and neck, and they have said they will do a particular place in Dave's neck where she thinks he could have a serious problem. She said no matter what his headache was like, it's not normal for it to change when lying down and turning his head left (projective vomiting) and right (blurred vision) and back (headache totally gone!). The hospital must have checked out his old notes from 6 months ago surely, do they do that I wonder?

I do know, he is very, very stressed out with work at the moment, what with Christmas having to pay out the usual £3K a week in overheads but no work being done, then January goes quiet so it all adds up along with the overdraft and it's stressed him out big time with having to let yet another member of staff go this week just to keep his head above water.

I think we'll have to sell the place and think of something else to pay for the dog food around here, we can't go on like this It's just not worth risking his health, it's always been a stress hole that garage of his, time and time again, and the way things are going with these modern cars, he says the nightmare will only get worse, it's no longer nuts and bolts like it used to be, he's got more computers than spanners on the workbenches!

Anyhoo, he's slept and the headache has now gone, which is unusual in itself, because if it was a migraine he would have it for 24 hours, so don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. Just hope it doesn't happen again over the week-end, I will be keeping a very strict eye on him! Thanks again all.xxxxxxxxx
My husband has just nodded his head in complete empathy with what Dave has said.....we got out of the trade eight years ago and although things haven't worked out quite how we thought (we now have assets but no cash) I am so glad we did it. It is a stressful situation - and I can't see it getting any better to be honest. I do hope he is feeling better soon, it sounds like neither of you need this kind of stress.
For one awful moment I thought you were going to worm Zena and Dave and had to re read your post sending hugs to you both......hope they get to the bottom of this soon. x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
For one awful moment I thought you were going to worm Zena and Dave and had to re read your post x
That bit made me laugh too Poor Dave!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
That bit made me laugh too Poor Dave!
glad I wasn't the only one then.......
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh H, I've only just seen this. What a scary day for you and Dave. Glad he's feeling a bit better now but I bet your nerves are shot! Sending you massive hugs and hope Dave continues to improve. xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 06:50 PM
So sorry to read about Dave. Pleased that he is feeling better and hope he continues to improve
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Sorry I missed this H. I'm very sorry to hear about Dave - it's the last thing either of you need right now. I hope you get to the bottom of it - with you on the case you stand a real good chance of doing so!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks all, he's fine now, absolutely fine - probably that wormer lol!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Glad to hear Dave is feeling better, I hope you get some answers as to what happened.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks all, he's fine now, absolutely fine - probably that wormer lol!
Thanks for the updates H - Very pleased to read that he's fine now, but TBH I've never heard of a 'Panic attack' doing this to anyone but then I know 'nowt about such things, reading the above it seems it can effect people in different ways which must make it difficult to correctly diagnose.

Keep your chin up and enjoy the weekend, and here's truly hoping things look better for you both very soon.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »