View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 06:16 PM
That's awful! What a blessing you had someone with you at the time though.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh geez - terrifying! No clue as to the cause of this haemorrage? I am glad you are on the mend. I read posts like this (as I am sure malka does) and wonder what would happen if it were me - living alone?

My only real emergency was a burst appendix and it was just SHEER LUCK that I'd picked my daughter up from the airport less than 12 hrs before I was rushed into hospital.

I have no memory of it at all. I was delirious with pain and could not have phoned ANYONE. My daughter took over and I was operated on within the hour of leaving home.

I consoled myself with the thought that at least I'd have known nothing about it if I'd pegged it. But concerned at how it would have impacted on my 3 kids if that had been the case. My eldest son had been here for 3 months and just left one hour after my daughter arrived.

We'd been gokarting that evening and I was putting the pains down to my probably cracking a rib being stupid enough to go karting at my age lol!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Thank goodness they got you stablised and your home......hugs and hope you feel yourself soon aaaaand it never happens again x
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
What a scary experience!! Glad that you're feeling well enought to pop on here, but don't overdo things x
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
How absolutely frightening - I do hope you feel better very soon.

{{{hugs}}} xx
Thanks all. x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh geez - terrifying! No clue as to the cause of this haemorrage? I am glad you are on the mend. I read posts like this (as I am sure malka does) and wonder what would happen if it were me - living alone?

My only real emergency was a burst appendix and it was just SHEER LUCK that I'd picked my daughter up from the airport less than 12 hrs before I was rushed into hospital.

I have no memory of it at all. I was delirious with pain and could not have phoned ANYONE. My daughter took over and I was operated on within the hour of leaving home.

I consoled myself with the thought that at least I'd have known nothing about it if I'd pegged it. But concerned at how it would have impacted on my 3 kids if that had been the case. My eldest son had been here for 3 months and just left one hour after my daughter arrived.

We'd been gokarting that evening and I was putting the pains down to my probably cracking a rib being stupid enough to go karting at my age lol!
I think this is what's making feel so fragile mentally, obviously I'm glad to still be here but I spend most of my time on my own with the dogs and it has never bothered me at all, the OH works long hours and luckily it happened on his day off. My youngest has just left home so I'm home alone every night from about 10pm till around 12 noon the next day as the OH works nights. Although I'm not easily freaked out and if he hadn't been home rather than panic I think I would have crawled to the phone although god knows if I could have managed to let them in too. I had no pain at all, and had the sense to keep my head level with my heart so managed to remain quite lucid but what a way to go, to just have the blood run out of you and imagine coming home to find such a thing. It doesn't bear thinking about.
Meg
Supervisor

13-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh Shirley what a scary episode it must have been for you, thank goodness the cavalry got to you in time .

I hope your doctor can find the cause of the problem and that you are completely better soon.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I think this is what's making feel so fragile mentally, obviously I'm glad to still be here but I spend most of my time on my own with the dogs and it has never bothered me at all, the OH works long hours and luckily it happened on his day off. My youngest has just left home so I'm home alone every night from about 10pm till around 12 noon the next day as the OH works nights. Although I'm not easily freaked out and if he hadn't been home rather than panic I think I would have crawled to the phone although god knows if I could have managed to let them in too. I had no pain at all, and had the sense to keep my head level with my heart so managed to remain quite lucid but what a way to go, to just have the blood run out of you and imagine coming home to find such a thing. It doesn't bear thinking about.
Can I just state the obvious? Keep your mobile ON YOU at ALL TIMES - even in your bathrobe pocket or down your knickers - anywhere.

A dear friend of mine suffered a brain stem stroke last year. If he had not had his mobile in his towelling robe pocket at the time, he would not have been able to call the next door neighbours on the fast dial one touch thingie. They were there within minutes and got him to the hospital where his life was saved. He is FINE now. But he could have died if he'd just stayed there on the floor.

A dear friend of mine died today. Her hubby came home from work (12 hour shift) to find her dead on the floor. Who knows if she had had her mobile on her person - whether she could have just managed to hit that one button - even if she couldn't crawl to the door?

Sorry to be so morbid and I am very GLAD you are on the mend. What have they said might have caused it?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Very scary, thank goodness you managed to get help quickly. You just never know what's around the corner.

Take care.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 06:50 PM
How horribly scary!! So glad you're feeling better now and hope they find it is nothing serious xx
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Blooming heck! That sounds awful! So glad to hear you are ok. Take it easy.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Must have been so scary for you, glad your ok *hugs* xxx
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »