View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Good luck with your new start. How i wish i had your courage. Best wishes.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Im sorry to hear your news, but I also understand its hard when there are 3 of you in your marriage.
You sound completely sensible to me, and while I hope it lasts, the amicable bit rarely does.
I wish you the very best for your bright and exciting future.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Steph I just wanted to say good luck with your new beginning. I too have to say a wee bit sad to read this as you and Pat seemed to be 'one of those couples'.

Much love to you - I admire your strength in this x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I am so sad to be reading this but I am a true believer in 'lifes too short'. You deserve to be happy and if this is without Pat then so be it.

You are very brave and strong and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Love L x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I can understand how you feel as me and the Ex seperated and divorced amicably after 27 years as we decided we simply wanted different things in life and neither of us would be able to achieve what we really wanted without huge compromise by the other. Funnily enough once we divorced and both moved on to different relationships the things we wanted changed and became less urgent simply because the new partner wasn't the obstacle in the way of us achieving what we wanted as we had been for each other but neither of us has any regrets about the split. All I would say is don't rush just because you've reached a decision, I would fine tune it and get things agreed in writing before you go, if you keep things amicable you should be able to divorce without the use of solicitors, we did although the judge did call us into chambers for a chat as he was concerned about my future and advised against a clean break which was what we both wanted but after talking to us he did agree to it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Good luck Steph, I can see you've thought really long and hard about all of this, and it also seems to me you've already had to put your life on hold many, many times in the past, and now it's time to take the reins, so you go girl! If you get stuck, I have a lovely little haven in 250 acres of forest if you like peace and quiet and dogs are welcome, but it's only up until Christmas coz the park shuts for 2 months until next March. I wish you all the best, you're a braver lady than me, but then I suppose if I were in your shoes, I'd have to do something about it just like you are.xxxxx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear this, it's always sad when a marriage/relationship ends, but life is too short to stay with someone or somewhere if it's not the right thing for you. It's so true that life isn't a rehearsal - we only get one chance - I do wish you the best of luck with your new life. I did the same thing 30 years ago and never looked back and although I had children, never regretted my decision. Good luck and although I'm sure no one wants to pry it will be interesting to hear about your future plans and the great thing is they will be YOUR future plans and YOUR choice.......Gillx
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Although I dont know you can I just say that I am not sad at all but I am in fact VERY proud of you and you are inspirational in fact. I am excited for you and your freedom and what lies ahead!

Head up shoulders back and crack on (leads inhand )

Happy future! xxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Steph, you do what makes YOU Happy Hun. You are a truly special person, you have done so much for others for, as far as I can make out, a very long time. That is fine if you get even half that back but you can't keep on giving forever, but then you know that

I am pleased that I got to meet Pat as I have heard so much about him. But I am more pleased that you are now going to focus on you and do the things that make you happy. I really wish I had a spare room you would be welcome here (dogs too) for a wee break. But I don't - there is always a sofa though
If I can do anything to help or you fancy a chat just give me a shout.
Sending you hugs to help you through any difficult times and more hugs to tell you how proud of you I am xxx
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your parting but sometimes it's a blessing in disguise, we just dont see that when we are caught up in the mess.

The OH and I split yesterday. It hadnt been going well and as he's in his 50's, he sees a sense of urgency to be happy that I perhaps dont have as i'm only 33. Of course i'm sad, he was my best buddy but i'm looking forward to having space to breathe and just be myself. I went round to the caravan today that we were going to share and took everything I bought! I think he will get a surprise when he sees how bare it is now.

I have to say though that if it wasnt for my dogs then i'd have a harder time dealing with it. They take my mind off things and make me laugh.

Good luck with the future x
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »