Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 01:30 PM

Company Cars - good or bad?

What's everyone's opinion? I have one and I consider it a white elephant...you know what they say - there's no such thing as a free lunch!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Company car ? I wish my car is 14 and not in the best of health ..
My neighbour (an accountant with a well known company) has a new car every three years
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 07:26 PM
You say "I wish" Min, but believe me, I used to run my own car on about £55 per month - including servicing, tyres, tax and insurance and petrol! My company care costs me almost £200 per month, £130 of that is tax alone and £52 for "personal" mileage, even though I only live 1.1 miles away from the office. It's true, it's renewed every four years, but I want out of the scheme - just too expensive!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 07:57 PM
How much?!!!!

I'll stick to finding the money to buy my second hand cars thank you very much altho fingers crossed hubby is going back to work for a Ford dealership and we might go for a new-ish focus. Wouldn't want him to go for a company car, too many catches and strings attached
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
How much?!!!!
Exactly my point Staffy - I've asked to come out of the scheme - I'm gonna try and by my co. car - should get it for around the £6k mark - if it's any more they can stick it, and I'll go and get my own....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 09:19 PM
we opted to buy a run around as OH gets 48p a mile but in a company car would get 10p.... plus it would cost him £150 per month in tax....