Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:14 AM
You could be in with a good chance hun.

Firstly the 4 bigun's are well behaved, although that could depend on the homechecker.....sorry no offence to homecheckers....but some may just see ''Rotti's'' if you see what I mean. But if you get a good one they will see past the breed.

I always think, no rescue would home with us because of space, yet I'm often rung up by rescues (including the Birmingham Dogs home) asking me to take something, last week BDH rang me last week about a old poodle....luckily I actually knew someone that was looking for one, so I am happy to say she has had him.

Give it a go, you won't know unless you try hun xxxxxxxxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Well I know my local rescue would rehome to you. They have no fixed policy whatsoever and judge all individuals on their own merits. (unfortunately for you they don't get small dogs in that often)

I also don't think the SSPCA would have an issue with you, though you would have to take your lot to meet the rescue dog.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I live in Scotland I've had two rescue dogs from 2 different rescues and I have never been homechecked so don't think your situation would be a problem here
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Many rescues won't rehome to people who keep entire dogs...whether they brred or not.

The local rescue I help with sometimes would not home to me as Gabe is an entire dog.

Not that I would go to them, our new dogs tend to turn up whether we are looking or not but it does knock you back a bit. I have an enclosed garden (large) I am self employed and work alot from home, my dogs are either with me at work or left for 3 hours max.....but I have an entire dog! (And a bitch now)
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 08:14 AM
I have no idea what a rescue would do - but I truly hope you manage to find your jack. That will be one little dog who'll have landed on their paws
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 09:15 AM
thanks for all the input guys, its been intresting reading,
spot
Dogsey Veteran

25-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Have you actually contacted any rescues with dogs your are interested in? It might be best talking to them direct to find out each policy as they are all different.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Have you actually contacted any rescues with dogs your are interested in? It might be best talking to them direct to find out each policy as they are all different.
not as such, I have chatted to people who work/help in rescue so far, these are mostly the smaller ones,

Though I have had one member whos at the fore-front of rescue have a right old go at me this morning, apparently im a "jumped up breeder" whatever that is,

its that kind of attitude that puts you off...

I never had any problems before going to a rescue I didnt know and getting a dog, but that was before I started breeding, since then its been mostly large breed rescue I have helped out with, the dogs involved have been more problem dogs that needed training and were never really ment to stay here.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
But do you think your more influenced because you have got to know me over a long space of time on here dani?

if you had never met me, would you feel diff coming out knowing Im a breeder with 4 rotties, which will be going up to 5 when I have another litter?
Sadly, my first thoughts were that I didn't think they would consider you - for all the wrong reasons. Having Rotties would probably count against you perhaps? Being a breeder too! I do hope I am wrong and that they see you for what you are and that is a well experienced owner, trainer, responsible dog-owner who would provide an excellent forever home.

Hey, if you need a reference, we will all provide one
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Sadly, my first thoughts were that I didn't think they would consider you - for all the wrong reasons. Having Rotties would probably count against you perhaps? Being a breeder too! I do hope I am wrong and that they see you for what you are and that is a well experienced owner, trainer, responsible dog-owner who would provide an excellent forever home.

Hey, if you need a reference, we will all provide one
awe thanks thats so sweet,

but to be honest, the way kcjack spat at me this morning,.....well if thats the type of person im going to be up against {being as shes at the fore-front of a rescue} its kinda put me off...
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »