Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Do you think only farmers (and I dont know of any) kill Birds? If this was so, how do you think the re-introductions of so many species ESPECIALLY Birds of Prey is so successful?
No I don't, I was talking about everyone there, I should of been more spefific (if thats wrong well I can't even say that word let alone spell it ) trophy hunters are a problem though, last year round here there was a load of rabbits being shot and left, well they aren't really trophy hunters who did this, they were just look what I can do, but wait its dead don't touch it the only ones that benefitted from that was the kites. But I have heard of people who will go out to kill certain animals, Chinese Water Deers seem popular bless them. These people need shooting themselves. But when someone is protecting thier livlihood thats different, would someone be happy with a person coming into their house and stealing from them, taking their money? Or going into their place of business and taking things? Would they sit back and do nothing, or would they take action? I bet that they would take action, and yet farmers doing the same get people slating them for it? Most of whom would eat products from the farm, well really anyone would, as there are pests for both arable and pastoral farmers, different pests, but pests all the same.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Theres no ban on hunting here in the west of Ireland, I cant personally wait till my terrier is old enough to hunt Mink, they are horrible creatures that kill , not for food but just for the sake of it, theyve ravaged everyones hens and ducks around here. Most foxes are shot just before lambing, and deer are hunted freely by shooters, oh and yes, i now have a live rat trap so i can catch a couple and get my JRT on them, she is good at mouse catching but its time she upped her sights, sorry if this offends anyone, my opinion, I dont like mink coats but I hate the little feckers.
Who are we to decide what animals should and should not have a right to live
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Human beings? Or are you suggesting that Foxes go out to work and earn a living and contribute to the economy? Seriously, all animals have to be controlled Nes.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
No I don't, I was talking about everyone there, I should of been more spefific (if thats wrong well I can't even say that word let alone spell it ) trophy hunters are a problem though, last year round here there was a load of rabbits being shot and left, well they aren't really trophy hunters who did this, they were just look what I can do, but wait its dead don't touch it the only ones that benefitted from that was the kites. But I have heard of people who will go out to kill certain animals, Chinese Water Deers seem popular bless them. These people need shooting themselves. But when someone is protecting thier livlihood thats different, would someone be happy with a person coming into their house and stealing from them, taking their money? Or going into their place of business and taking things? Would they sit back and do nothing, or would they take action? I bet that they would take action, and yet farmers doing the same get people slating them for it? Most of whom would eat products from the farm, well really anyone would, as there are pests for both arable and pastoral farmers, different pests, but pests all the same.
Muntjac are a real pain. None Native, should be eradicated IMO, Wild Boar are now being culled, bet the antis are pleased that the releasing of them has got them all shot, just like the Mink! Sika Deer are breeding with Reds, I also think something needs to be done there, likewise with Grey Squirrels, to preserve the Reds. Badgers are being culled again, a sure sign that all the "good" has gone bad!
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Its are God given right.

In case you have forgotten your Bible.......

1:27 God [thus] created man with His image. In the image of God, He created him, male and female He created them.
1:28 God blessed them. God said to them, 'Be fertile and become many. Fill the land and conquer it. Dominate the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every beast that walks the land.
1:29 God said, 'Behold, I have given you every seedbearing plant on the face of the earth, and every tree that has seedbearing fruit. It shall be to you for food.
1:30 For every beast of the field, every bird of the sky, and everything that walks the land, that has in it a living soul, all plant vegetation shall be food.' It remained that way.
1:31 God saw all that he had made, and behold, it was very good. It was evening and it was morning, the sixth day.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Muntjac are a real pain. None Native, should be eradicated IMO, Wild Boar are now being culled, bet the antis are pleased that the releasing of them has got them all shot, just like the Mink! Sika Deer are breeding with Reds, I also think something needs to be done there, likewise with Grey Squirrels, to preserve the Reds. Badgers are being culled again, a sure sign that all the "good" has gone bad!
There are so many animals that shouldn't be here who are, and they are damaging the native wildlife, and they should be gone, I remember hearing someone once say to me that red squrriels are thrieving in other areas, so its ok that greys are here, like hell is it, the animals that got here because of people need to be sorted out by people, its our responsibility to put right what we wronged.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2010, 06:31 PM
If we did nothing the animal kingdom woudl be in dire straits

As supposedly the species with a modicum of reasoning and understanding of conservation, if we just left everything to nature we woudl see alot more suffering in the animal kingdom, nature is a cruel bedfellow... are you suggesting we just leave the population of the animal kingdon to breed without thought..

As we are placed at the top of the tree, its our duty to preserve and control the wild life of the world to ensure they suvive as best they can!!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Its are God given right.

In case you have forgotten your Bible.......

1:27 God [thus] created man with His image. In the image of God, He created him, male and female He created them.
1:28 God blessed them. God said to them, 'Be fertile and become many. Fill the land and conquer it. Dominate the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every beast that walks the land.
1:29 God said, 'Behold, I have given you every seedbearing plant on the face of the earth, and every tree that has seedbearing fruit. It shall be to you for food.
1:30 For every beast of the field, every bird of the sky, and everything that walks the land, that has in it a living soul, all plant vegetation shall be food.' It remained that way.
1:31 God saw all that he had made, and behold, it was very good. It was evening and it was morning, the sixth day.
whats some old work of fiction got to do with anything???
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
whats some old work of fiction got to do with anything???
lets not go off topic again ?? into religion
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Bare in my mind that my OH worked on farms for years. I know for a fact that some animals are killed for no good reason. Look at the birds of prey that are killed for no good reason, simply because of ignorance Are farmers above the law? Should they be excused for breaking it
It isn't usually farmers killing birds of prey ...

An interesting site ... http://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/
Page 90 of 94 « First < 40 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 > Last »