Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 04:05 PM

Run Pudding, run!

He's been with us for over a month now and Pudding's fitness level has rocketed! We got him weighed last week and he's actually put a kilo on. The vet nurse said this was normal because he is building up muscle mass. They anticipate that he will lose quite a lot over the next couple of months.

We went for a walk in the woods this afternoon and came back through a large field. Usually, Bryan will persuade Pudding to chase him for about 2 minutes, then Pudding will need to rest. But today they chased each other constantly all the way across the field - Pudding was even instigating the chasing

He is starting to run properly now, rather than just lollop everywhere. He cocked his leg for the first time on saturday morning. I texted my OH to tell him all about it (how sad am I? lol). He's also managing to take his weight when I lift his back paws up to dry them. He couldn't do that when we first got him. His back legs are looking so much sturdier now.

I've had several people offering to rehome him (although I'm pretty sure he's going back to his owner). He's got such a gentle and loving nature - he goes up to everyone we meet for a fuss.

We've got a home visit tomorrow and I'm going to have to discuss having a break from fostering after Pudding. From September I'm going to be fairly busy with at least two full days out of the house - the dogs would be on their own for up to 6 hours depending on what shift my OH is on. So I don't know if I'm going to have the time to settle a new dog in. I'm going to talk to Sam about it though and see what she says.

Also, we're hoping to book a dog friendly holiday cottage by the sea in September so I'm going to find out if it's ok to take Pudding with us (if we still have him then).
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Great news, sounds as if you are giving him the chance to be a dog again. Well done :0)
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 05:04 PM
wonderful, as ever i think your fantastic !!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:50 PM
what a great job you do with these dogs, xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh good job, he will be such a happier dog when he is able to zoom about
Well done you
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:47 AM
I met up with my friend and her grandsons this morning. Her older lad said that Pudding was more playful and running around lots more than the first time they saw him