Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-07-2007, 01:27 AM

Dog Fouling - Your Views

What does everyone think about the dog fouling laws?

Where do you think the owner should or shouldn't have to pick up after their dog?

As far as I am aware, the law states that if it is a publicly accessible area, then you have to pick up your dogs poo.

Is that really fair on dog owners who go out of their way to walk where few go? (So not really a problem for anyone else). Or train their dogs to poop off the main trails and onto the surrouning/enclosing stoney, rubble type areas (so not on the actual path people walk on)?

What do you think? :smt101
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Is that really fair on dog owners who go out of their way to walk where few go? (So not really a problem for anyone else)
Surely, eventually though, you would be continually encountering your own dogs poo, therefore then finding somewhere new to ruin When does it end ?

I think it should be picked up whereever, no matter what.

I often take my children out to the countryside, and we venture into fields that look like they haven't seen any civilisation, yet we always find dog poo

Just because people don't SEE anyone else on their walks, it doesn't mean, no one else goes there EVER

Dog Poo doesn't fertilise and it can be harmful, so why leave it ?
I don't think there's any excuse for not picking up
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:44 AM
I believe the same. Pick up wherever you are. I have done this for years. I have no wish to bring mine or someone elses dog poo home on my shoes....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:51 AM
I agree with Malady and Vicki, pick it up regardless. It becomes a habit to pick up, I don't even think about it, its a natural reaction.
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

09-07-2007, 05:53 AM
We always pick up after Glazby as he tends to be a poo wherever he fancies kind of dog.

We don't however always pick up after Abby and thats because she insists on having a "private poo".

We walk in the local woods everyday and Abby will jump over a ditch from the main path into the actual woodland area, she'll then go in and find the thickest copse of grass/stinging nettles to do her business in.

This is way off the main path and really not accessible to people so we don't worry too much. Plus - I'd get stung by stinging nettles in my attempts!!
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:50 AM
i always pick up my dogs poops, wherever trash bins are around. if i have to carry poops more than 1km i don't pick them up.
mind that wherever walk paths are, there are the bins.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:07 AM
i always pick up wherever i am.

winters the best..........i pick up and put it in my pocket.........hand warmers

OH calls it my handbag
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:17 AM
There is no excuse for not picking up dog mess! Its disgusting when i see ppl let their dog cr@p on playing fields (and leave it) where mine and other kids play.

Your dog is your responsability - so is his poop!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:25 AM
i am a bit of both i have to admit- in general when walking locally i always pick it up regardless of where he does it.

However we quite often walk bruno in the fields and i have to admit i dont tend to pick it up then - partly because its the only place he gets off lead so he charges off and does his business miles away and by the time you get to where he was i can never find it.

secondly i personally think that in the fields his poo is better off there than in a carrier bag which then goes into a landfill site - so i think its better for the environment in general in that situation.

I might point out that when i say fields these are not green fields where kids etc would play these are crop fields in rotation or woodland - never on paths or walkways.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Dog owners responsibility - pick it up!
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »