Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
Just to slightly go off the "pit-bull" track and how dangerous they are why don't you have a look at this site: http://www.boardogs.com and what these dogs are capable of - they make pit-bulls look like poodles and are bread from a wide range of dogs of which are available today.
Niknak
what a vile site. What was the point in posting it?
Niknak
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-03-2007, 09:39 PM
The whole point in posting it was to point out the fact that "pit-bulls" are not as dangerous as some of the other dogs that are out there that are being bred specifically for their dangerousness-a dog doesn't have to be a pitbull to be dangerous - there are worse out there.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
They are back yard breeders sky high for sure they sell for money
I'd be really careful who you accuse of being back yard breeders on an open forum..

I'd be interested to look at Sky High Bluest aunties website Feel free to PM me the link if you don't feel comfortable to post it
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
The whole point in posting it was to point out the fact that "pit-bulls" are not as dangerous as some of the other dogs that are out there that are being bred specifically for their dangerousness-a dog doesn't have to be a pitbull to be dangerous - there are worse out there.
Ahh, I see. I understand now, Im a bit slow, sorry
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I'd be really careful who you accuse of being back yard breeders on an open forum..

I'd be interested to look at Sky High Bluest aunties website Feel free to PM me the link if you don't feel comfortable to post it
They sell for money and nothing else, not the first to say it, not the last nicci, you are the one who is giving them free advertising
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 11:27 PM
All I have advertised Hayley is the FACT that there are some AWFULLY big Pit Bulls out there, I personally like those dogs no one asked you or anyone else to.

Oh and..

ADBA - American Dog Breeders Association; The American Pit Bull Terrier Registry since 1909. The largest registry of American Pit Bull Terriers *source taken from Pitdogs.org*
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
well i guess we will never see eye to eye on these, those dogs are so badly bred and are not real American Pitbull Terriers in my eyes and im not the only one to say this on this thread. But you like them so thats your choice
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Hayley, thats your opinion so I guess we'll never agree on that one!

Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
Not made the move to the akc from the ukc which all the good breeders have already done.
Sky High, can you please provide the link on the AKC website that states that they officially recognise the American Pit Bull Terrier?
I can only find the American Staffordshire Terrier, which is the heavier, stockier, show type verison of the Pit Bull.
From what I understand the UKC dual register the dogs, but the AKC only recognises just the one which is the American Staffordshire Terrier, so how can breeders make the move to the AKC from the UKC if they own Pit Bulls?

So I presume your Auntie owns American Staffordshire Terriers being as they are AKC recognised?
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 08:21 AM
to my knowllege the american pitbull is not recognised by the AKC at all as theres to many variations in the breed.
if i can find my book out i will quote it but im sure the pitbull was supposed to be well built and quite large and musclar,they reduced there size for fighting,but thats wot they originally looked like,just like the ones in the links

which i have to agree,is the way i prefer them personally

also in one of the links about dog bites on here there is a standard for pits,read it,the size variation is huge,it also states they come under the mastiff family!?
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
just something for people to think about! look at your own dogs score and look at the score of pitbulls?
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/children.htm
this is the link some1 posted.
click on the pit
you will see that they are not AKC recognised,plus the weight has huge variations
go rite to the bottom and you will c that they are part of the mastiff family
they shouldnt be terriers on stilts
Page 32 of 132 « First < 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 82 > Last »