Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by mcrobs View Post
PDE ommitted to mention that both the CH shown and a number of his offspring have produced cases of JKD, that Glenuald have been notified since 2005 of cases of JKD involving their dogs, but continued to breed knowing the risks and doing matings of gucci half-brotherxhalf sister, that she claims that they have not used gucci since oct 2010 but have allowed him to be used by others at stud either 4 or 5 times .......
Seems it's all about the money and their egos and very little to do with love of the breed. Sad times.
mcrobs
New Member!
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Thank you for your words, I am sorry for being reactive but it does still hurt, I do still cry, I just loved her so much, and still do......thank you for listening to my side of the story I will be back tommerow to chat some more, good night
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Hi Sharon, I'm not a boxer owner, but I have to say you moved me to tears during PDE. I have no idea of the ins and outs of breeding/showing and genetics tbh, but I can't get my head round WHY someone would continue to breed from dogs that they know has JKD, or indeed any genetic condition, or why one dog is allowed to stud so often and therefore be resposible for hundreds of pups :/
Or who on earth breeds father to daughter or half brother to half sister??
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by mcrobs View Post
Thank you for your words, I am sorry for being reactive but it does still hurt, I do still cry, I just loved her so much, and still do......thank you for listening to my side of the story I will be back tommerow to chat some more, good night
No problem, we can only imagine how horrible this has been for you, and well done for having the courage to speak out. That takes a lot of guts. Look forward to chatting more tomorrow.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
indeed! We all know that is illegal in humans because of the risks of deformities, handicaps etc (and the ick factor lol), so why is it accepted in dogs?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
indeed! We all know that is illegal in humans because of the risks of deformities, handicaps etc (and the ick factor lol), so why is it accepted in dogs?
Because it's an easy way to make money....
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Its gross isnt it??
How about this as a mantra for inbreeding
“Let the sire of the sire be the grandsire of the dam, on the dam’s side.”
http://www.astraean.com/borderwars/2...failure-1.html

Inbreeding seems so normal now that people dont even see why its wrong. I have been reading up a whole lot on it to try and understand - and I still dont get it
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Its gross isnt it??
How about this as a mantra for inbreeding
“Let the sire of the sire be the grandsire of the dam, on the dam’s side.”
http://www.astraean.com/borderwars/2...failure-1.html

Inbreeding seems so normal now that people dont even see why its wrong. I have been reading up a whole lot on it to try and understand - and I still dont get it
Oh I very much get why it's done, but the fact that's it's detrimental to the breed in the long term cannot be disputed (at least in the world of geneticists, I'm sure many breeders would disagree ). Of course, I would guess the ££££ signs are more enticing than the idea of preserving a breed into the forseeable future.....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:24 PM
People who compete their dogs to win rosettes or trophies sadly. I've seen quite a few pedigrees of working ESS with Mother to Son matings (before it was banned). Some of the top winners in dog sport (show, working etc) want fast results so they can continue winning and inbreeding gives them this. The health of the dog/breed just doesn't come into it with some sadly.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
People who compete their dogs to win rosettes or trophies sadly. I've seen quite a few pedigrees of working ESS with Mother to Son matings (before it was banned). Some of the top winners in dog sport (show, working etc) want fast results so they can continue winning and inbreeding gives them this. The health of the dog/breed just doesn't come into it with some sadly.
Yep totally, totally agree. It's all about getting quick results with no thought to the long term. ££££££ in other words!

A friend of mine the other day was saying there is a top WCS FTCH with a COI of nearly 40%, so it's clearly not restricted to the show ring!
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »