Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
But if a carrier is mated to a clear you will not have a problem. The issue is whether BOTH carry the gene, which is why I asked if yearly blood testing could be carried out at this stage. Does the disease manifest itself early enough for changes to be noted early on.

Like with Von Willebrands in Dobes. Affected to clear produces all carriers but NO puppies will be affected.
I don't think there is a genetic marker/effective dna test for jkd in boxers though. So safer to not use that dog at stud again, just in case. However, since this is an issue in the breed, I would think at the least, breeders would have both dogs bloods run to ensure no apparent kidney issues before mating.
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Brainless View Post
Quoting from the owner of Gucci's statement:

"The most important part of my written response to the programme was never mentioned, which was that since Dr Cattanach brought it to our attention – although he had no evidence to back this up – that it was possible JKD was a hereditary condition, we have not used our champion dog, and that is since October 2010. . . "

It would be great if we had crystal balls, but we don't and to blame the stud owner for an at the time of mating, unknown issue, you could as easily blame the owners of the bitches choosing to use a popular sire. Of course an unpopular sire or maiden one could just as easily have faulty unknown genes, produce one affected offspring from it's one and only litter, and no-one would realise, as ti would not be statistically significant, until that animals genes were more widely distributed and then it wouldn't' be known from where it originated.
Originally Posted by Boxacrazy View Post
He was used in 2011, as per working group BRS, 5 litters - 17 pups registered.
Could these have been late registrations of litters conceived before/during Oct 2010, as surely the stud dog owner would not make such a statement that can be easily verified????
Brainless I believe you might have missed this post from Sharon. My bolds.

Originally Posted by mcrobs View Post
PDE ommitted to mention that both the CH shown and a number of his offspring have produced cases of JKD, that Glenuald have been notified since 2005 of cases of JKD involving their dogs, but continued to breed knowing the risks and doing matings of gucci half-brotherxhalf sister, that she claims that they have not used gucci since oct 2010 but have allowed him to be used by others at stud either 4 or 5 times .......
Ruby
Brainless
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2012, 12:39 AM
disingenious when they said they didn't use him then.
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Could these have been late registrations of litters conceived before/during Oct 2010, as surely the stud dog owner would not make such a statement that can be easily verified????

DOB of litters: 16/10/11*, 24/12/10* 1/1/11, 8/1/11 & 12/7/11
The ones asterisked are ones that they used the dog on their own bitches.

I am aware that there is possibly one more litter due to be published in the next BRS that I believe was born late 2011 but until the Spring 2012 BRS is published one cannot be certain of the DOB of that litter.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Well looks like the stud owner has completely robbed herself of any and all credibility then?
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Boxacrazy View Post
DOB of litters: 16/10/11*, 24/12/10* 1/1/11, 8/1/11 & 12/7/11
The ones asterisked are ones that they used the dog on their own bitches.

I am aware that there is possibly one more litter due to be published in the next BRS that I believe was born late 2011 but until the Spring 2012 BRS is published one cannot be certain of the DOB of that litter.
Whoops sorry typo error The first one should read 16/10/10, I put them in date order and didn't spot my typo at first. Apologies.
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14