Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 09:55 PM

Pitbull attack

It is with sadness that I tell you about our neighbours little girl who tonight was mauled by a pitbull.
10 mins after Elaineb had left ours, we heard screaming, I saw a woman swinging a child around in her arms and a pitbull ripping at her right leg.

I ran out and the dog had been neutered so no B*ll squeezing then, so I have had to grab his neck and twist so hard to hold him, in her panick the woman was still pulling a tugging the child who's screams will really stay with me.

I was screaming at her to STOP, STAND STILL, but she was in such a panick that she just couldn't hear me.
By now the whole Asian family were out (it was thier child) one of them bounced a bin off the dogs back which only heightened the furiousness of the attack, Pat appeared from no where (he is such A HERO) he managed to take a whack from a huge stick stopping it from hitting the dog (which would of made things worse still) which the Father of the child was swinging around, I had freed the child by now by using a stick my FS threw to me and prising it off.

Sadly the childs leg is badly mauled and the dog has been taken away by the Police dog handlers to be put to sleep.

The owner was drunk (lives 4 doors down) and I didn't even know he had this dog he has confirm that it is an illegal Pitbull Terrier, he was trying to tell me that afterwards, that he didn't want it and it was his sons, who thought it macho to have one, it has never been out (his words) as it is untrainable and has killed another dog several months ago, when his mate came round with his dog and it got hold of it.

I feel sad for the family of the child, and for the dog in a way as I sat with it for a while before being asked by the police if I could put it in the van Well obviously they must of thought I was a better dog handler than they were.....they didn't want to touch it How annoying is that and they are Police dog handlers Pat has had me being nurse as he has a cut down his arm.....think it was a dew claw, and a hurt shoulder from the stick.
Me I have a banged knee and twist three fingers, it could of been worse as it had no collar and luckily FS thought very quickly and grabbed one of ours for me to get round its neck.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:04 PM
oh Steph, what a horrible thing to happen, but thank heavens for the sake of that child that you were there. I suspect all the others in their ignorance/shock would have just carried on trying to hit the dog, which as you say, would've just made things worse.

Well done to you and Pat, and even FS for getting the collar.

I really hope that the little girl heals well and that it does not put her and her family off dogs forever.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh Dear God almighty!!!

I saw that little girl as we left and her brother as we were leaving. You must be so shaken up by all that Steph...What can I say? If we had just stayed a few mins longer then Chris would have been there to help Pat

I hope the little girl is ok...Have you heard anything yet about her condition?

Bravo FS for quick thinking, give him a hug from me and a big hug and kiss to Pat too!!!

You sit down and finish that bottle of wine mate calm your nerves as you must be shattered by the whole thing.

As you say such a shame about the dog too!!! in the wrong hands again, I hope the owner gets what he deserves

Don't know what else to say love exept well done for you stepping in and taking control you could have been seriously injured too!! I feel sick to the stomache for you all I really do.

Big hugs from me, and Chris is in shock and saddened by the whole incident and sends his regards to Pat!!!

Elaine xxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh Steph, what a horrible thing to happen, but thank heavens for the sake of that child that you were there. I suspect all the others in their ignorance/shock would have just carried on trying to hit the dog, which as you say, would've just made things worse.

Well done to you and Pat, and even FS for getting the collar.

I really hope that the little girl heals well and that it does not put her and her family off dogs forever.
Unfortunately they don't like dogs to begin with hun, I think that was part of the attack trying so hard the pull her away only heighten the frenzy the dog became excited with they whole chase,and rip
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Oh Dear God almighty!!!

I saw that little girl as we left and her brother as we were leaving. You must be so shaken up by all that Steph...What can I say? If we had just stayed a few mins longer then Chris would have been there to help Pat

I hope the little girl is ok...Have you heard anything yet about her condition?

Bravo FS for quick thinking, give him a hug from me and a big hug and kiss to Pat too!!!

You sit down and finish that bottle of wine mate calm your nerves as you must be shattered by the whole thing.

As you say such a shame about the dog too!!! in the wrong hands again, I hope the owner gets what he deserves

Don't know what else to say love exept well done for you stepping in and taking control you could have been seriously injured too!! I feel sick to the stomache for you all I really do.

Big hugs from me, and Chris is in shock and saddened by the whole incident and sends his regards to Pat!!!

Elaine xxxxxxx
Yes that was the same child, they are always running up and down between thier houses as they have several in this road, all related.
I have just been to one house and enquired they say she is in alot of pain and they are sueing, I didn't find out much else as they don't seem to want to talk about it....they say thier solicitor has told them not too
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:37 PM
OMG, that is horrendous. The poor girl.

Well done you, Pat and FS for being so quick thinking and heroic.

I hope the little girl makes a good recovery.

(((hugs))) to you all xxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Unfortunately they don't like dogs to begin with hun, I think that was part of the attack trying so hard the pull her away only heighten the frenzy the dog became excited with they whole chase,and rip

Yes that was the same child, they are always running up and down between thier houses as they have several in this road, all related.
I have just been to one house and enquired they say she is in alot of pain and they are sueing, I didn't find out much else as they don't seem to want to talk about it....they say thier solicitor has told them not too
That was quick I would have thought that would have been the last thing on their mind at the present time wouldn't you???????

Elaine xx
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:42 PM
What a terrible thing to be involved with but what a good job you were there to help.
Yet again its the owner who's the real problem but others who suffer. Poor child and poor dog, I wonder what kind of life it had.
Hope the little girl makes a good recovery and you both recover too.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Thank god you and yours where there.. could of ended a lot worse ..
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Unfortunately the owner is very drunk, but he came here shouting his mouth off about the dog, he says (I quote)

OK I hold my hands up.
But Pitbulls are untrainable and they can only kill

I said ''Please go away I don;t wish to listen, if you knew this then why have him, because now he is sentenced to death, all because you bought him''

Owner said..........think you can train him, you have him, I hate it....why didn't you kill it

I asked 'did you have him from a pup'

Ownber Yes

Me....so why not train him instead of leaving him..also BTW he has no collar on'

Owner.....you think you can train him from a pup

Me......Love I could train YOU to jump through hoops if I had you from young.

Owner spouted abuse so we shut the door.

Sadly child and dog suffer once again.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:53 PM
How terrible. A least you were there YS and managed to keep a cool head. The family should be extremely grateful to you and your family.

As sorry as I feel for the poor girl and her family, I can't help but feel sorry for the dog as well, what kind of life must he have had, especially as it wasn't wanted. People like that don't deserve dogs.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »