Female 

03-06-2008, 07:22 PM
And your point is.........????
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
My point is....

That before I replied to your claim, I PM ed you and asked if I was true and asked you to check as I Had thought the sub had stopped around 1999.

My PM to you was polite and your replie was also polite.

I never accused you of crap over the EU grants just thought you where wrong and they had been stopped, you never did E me with the details, thought you never got a reply.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I gave you the link before..........
Here it si again, updated May 2006 and STILL on the ROI's Department of Agricultures advisory body's website

http://www.teagasc.ie/advisory/alter...GREYHOUNDS.pdf

So no the funding hasnt stopped.

And you posted this earlier on today Galty

No need to publish the trainer.(On another Forum in 2002 this sort of thing was stated , I replied and gave a E Address to WhiteLodege no response from her about who the trainers where(GALTYUK@YAHOO.COM....also given to Jodie with the crap she game out with EEC grants)
spot
Dogsey Veteran

05-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
That post takes it from one spectrum to another.

Looks like you only reply a few days later and give multi quotes that dont really answer a SPECIFIED(sp) point.

I hope that I have only in the past answerd SPIECIFED(sp)
points.Prove me wrong

Please in future just give one point then I can answer that point..
Unfortunately at the moment Galty I cannot be on the computer for any length of time and multi quoting is the easiest way for me to respond and takes up less board space, if I had to post a separate post for each point the thread would get even more tediously long! I also didn’t realise I have to be on here everyday to post an opinion if there is such a rule can you find it for me?

Im not sure what you point is there but if you mean what points you have not responded to it was the question regarding amount of dogs bred, the records of what happened to those dogs and the fact that I am still awaiting the information from the NCC.

Sorry Spot

But think you are one of the PAID employies(sp) of GREYHOUNDaCTION who do spy on these boards and put their sick propaganda over...
Well that’s quite an allergation and I do hope you have some proof to back it up (hint I wouldn’t put it up on here if I was you as whoever you got this information from is having you on and you could get the board in trouble).

I do not spy on these boards I am a member, Ive been involved in many threads and the shows. Obviously I am heavily involved in the greyhound threads because that’s where my passions lie! Its like accusing someone of being on all the rottie threads as having a hidden agenda!

I have never had any involvement with greyhoundaction apart from visiting their web site (not a crime). However, Im not aware that those who are involved are not allowed to post their opinions on here anyway.

No need to publish the trainer.(On another Forum in 2002 this sort of thing was stated , I replied and gave a E Address to WhiteLodege no response from her about who the trainers where(GALTYUK@YAHOO.COM....also given to Jodie with the crap she game out with EEC grants)

No problem stating the Track that this happend at, if true. Please give details....
Im confused what whitelodge and those that run have to do with this but do feel as they are not represented on these boards it is not fair to bring them up (isn’t whitelodge rgt now). I don’t understand what another forum has to do with the discussions on here either – I don’t know which forum you are on about so cannot comment on that.

Was it a FLAPPING track or an NGRC track????.
NGRC

Was it a dog that had just finished its racing carrear(sp) if it was just PM me the track and trainer
Well I would of thought it was obvious the dog had finished its racing career iF the owner/trainer no longer wanted it! Unfortunately the gentleman concerned did not seem too keen on giving me his name just his dog. However this does not mean it is not true

Well done that you have rehomed 6 Greyhounds, that I do respect you for and any Anties like you.

Oh Galty if only I had rehomed 6 greyhounds my life would be a lot more peaceful – unfortunately (not really) for my sins and they must be many I took on 4 loopy lurchers as well

To go back to your first point I will list the specific points Ive asked as simply as I can

However there is a big problem in the industry that is overbreeding dogs that have no hope of being homed or put into rescue and that is what needs addressing now. There are neither enough rescue places for them and certainly not enough homes for them – where are the homes going to come from?

Why would you want welfare improved if its such a perfect sport? How would you like to see the welfare side improved – what would you do about the ‘sport’ to improve it?

A Fact you (actually it was the all government party on animal welfare) state 2,478 dogs ear marked dogs never made it to NGRC tracks.

Have to ask you with the points below can you prove me wrong.

How many of these where breed for coursing(Not so many in the future thanks to tree huggers)

How many went to the 16 + flapping tracks.

How many who never graded where re-homed.

How many who never graded where PTS

I did ask you to respond to these questions you posed – I assume you do have the answers to prove the AGPAW wrong?

Again I apologize for not being able to use the computer as much as I would like to at the moment but it is for personal and private reasons which I hope you will respect and will continue responding in the most convenient manner for me. If the mods have a problem with it they will Im sure indicate that.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I see little reason to ban the racing if the betting was prohibited.

Ban William Hill et al and the 'sport' might well become a sport.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

16-10-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...ed-live-on-tv/

run free sweet lad. Just wish someone cared x
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...ed-live-on-tv/

run free sweet lad. Just wish someone cared x
So sad. Trudy's comment on there sums it up for me.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

17-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
So sad. Trudy's comment on there sums it up for me.
Thank you for responding - and just so it wont be swept under the carpet and made to go away I'll post the contents of the article.

A greyhound protection group was inundated with calls from concerned viewers after a dog was fatally
injured at Belle Vue Stadium during a race broadcast live by Sky Sports.

The greyhound, a 2 year old male, called Frisby Foreman, fell badly during the 8pm race last Tuesday
and was carried from the track in agony.

After receiving dozens of calls from viewers, Greyhound Action investigated the incident and has now
learned that the dog, who was racing for the first time at Belle Vue, sustained a broken shoulder
and was subsequently “put down” by a vet.

Following the incident, the group has renewed it’s calls for an end to greyhound racing at Belle Vue
and for the public to totally boycott the dog racing industry.

Greyhound Action’s UK Co-ordinator, Tony Peters, said: “Last Tuesday evening our office received
dozens of calls from people who’d been watching the greyhound racing on Sky Sports and were shocked
at seeing a dog fall very badly during the 8pm race at Belle Vue.

“We immediately contacted one of our investigators, who has discovered that the greyhound, a 2 year
old male, called Frisby Foreman, broke his shoulder as a result of the fall, was carried from the
track in agony and was subsequently ‘put down’ by a vet.

“Sadly, such horrific injuries to racing greyhounds are all too common and we are often contacted by
members of the public who have witnessed them.

“Thousands of injuries to racing greyhounds occur every year, many of them serious. The main reason
for this is that the shape of the tracks, with fast straights leading into tight bends, creates a
very dangerous environment for dogs to run in.

“Because track owners fear they will lose money through racing being called off, races are quite
often run in unsuitable conditions, which increase the risk of injuries to the dogs. This appears to
have been the case last Tuesday, where the racing was allowed to continue during torrential rain.

“The injury to Frisby Foreman was obviously serious, but we would question the decision to put him
down. Broken shoulders in greyhounds can be repaired and they can go on to live long and happy lives
afterwards.

“Obviously, such a dog would no longer be any good for racing, which is why we believe that Frisby
Foreman’s life was ended for commercial reasons, rather than out of genuine concern for his
well-being.

“Sadly, even less serious injuries, which spectators may not be aware of, can still end up being
lethal, as greyhounds are often “put down”, if it’s considered to be not worth the money to get them
fit for racing again.

“Ex-racing greyhounds often suffer considerably in later life because of the unnatural stresses and
strains imposed on their bodies through racing on the tracks.

“Even more serious than the large number of injuries to racing dogs is the fact that many thousands
of greyhounds get put to death every year, simply because they are considered not good enough for
racing.

Our latest research indicates that over 15,000 greyhounds are “put down” annually after being judged
unsuitable to race on British tracks or when their racing “careers” come to an end, either through
age or injury.

“This means that each of Britain’s 29 major dog tracks, including Belle Vue is, on average,
responsible for the deaths of more than 500 greyhounds annually.

“According to an RSPCA statement ‘at least 20 greyhounds a day - either puppies which do not make
the track, or retired dogs aged three or four - simply disappear, presumed killed’.

“In recent years, national media exposés have highlighted the wholesale slaughter of ex-racing
greyhounds and several mass graves containing the bodies of shot greyhounds have been discovered in
various parts of the country.

“In 2006 the Sunday Times carried a story about large numbers of greyhounds, including many from
Belle Vue, being put to death for £30 a time at a so-called “Dogs Home” in Leigh.

“There are local greyhound rescue groups, who do excellent work in finding homes for some of the
dogs that ‘retire’ from racing at the stadium, but this only amounts to a minority of the greyhounds
disposed of because of the existence of the Belle Vue track.

“Greyhound racing also causes the death of many thousands of other dogs apart from greyhounds, as
places in homes and rescue kennels, which could go to other stray and ‘unwanted’ dogs, are taken up
by greyhounds got rid of by the racing industry, meaning that those other dogs are ‘put down’
because there is nowhere for them to go.

“The rules of the National Greyhound Racing Club, the body that controls dog racing at Belle Vue and
Britain’s other major tracks, encourage greyhounds to be treated as disposable commodities, by
allowing racing owners to get rid of dogs, including having them put to death, once they are no
longer of use for racing.

“Greyhound Action believes that the only real solution to this horrific state of affairs is for
commercial greyhound racing to be ended. Six states in the USA have banned greyhound racing in
recent years, so there is no reason why a ban shouldn’t be imposed in the UK.

“In the meantime it is important to educate the public to boycott greyhound racing. If enough people
refrained from attending greyhound racing and stopped betting on races, then the activity would die
out through lack of support.

“Our local supporters demonstrate and distribute leaflets every Saturday evening out side Belle Vue,
as part of their campaign to end dog racing at the stadium.

“This latest horrific incident will, without doubt, cause them to redouble their efforts to end
commercial greyhound racing in Manchester.”

For more information, contact Tony Peters on 01562 700 043 or 07703 558724.
See also the Greyhound Action website at www.greyhoundaction.org.uk
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I think that it should be banned, I know of a GH who had its two cut off during its racing 'career' and someone that I know went to look at a GH that they were going to get straight from the trainer, he had a scar on his face, his sister and brother also had the same scar and so did his mum, she said it was quite a big scar, about 2 inches across running just under their eye, and the trainers reasoning behind this, it was a heirdatory scar.
Page 27 of 157 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 77 127 > Last »