Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2014, 05:52 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone. Bright and sunny already and Gorden on his way back to London he has a meeting at 9.30.
Just seen the weather forecast it will reach about 27 for London not so hot here and apparently not so humid everywhere till the middle of the week. It is going to be very warm still during the night.
I am waiting for Dillon to do a pooh he didn't do one yesterday if he did he has hidden it well. Since last night he has been getting sardines lots of fruit and veg and wheat germ and bran. Can't afford another vet visit before pay day at the end of the month.

I hope everyone who was feeling poorly is feeling better today and also that goes for our four legged friends too.
Malka just heard the situation is not getting better where you are. I hope it isn't affecting Pereg to badly or yourself.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 05:57 AM
Feel like the old Butlins song; RISE and SHINE!

Drab drizzle here but sunshine is in the heart surely so hoping Monday is good for everyone.

My new knitting is gold and green hats as those are Kerry colours, football etc. Next will be tricolour hats...I sorted some of the bags of yarn yesterday and put the needful balls aside...

As always the day before market, the big table is laden with work and I have a mail order packet to do today also; rosaries and angel keyrings for the family of a dear friend. Two have cancer.

The dog were so cranky I fed them then out them back to bed for a while

Have been up half the night with legal paperwork again. Words fail, they really do.

All done and printed and just one phone call later.

So we make beauty when things are hard. The old house churche in the US call it raising up an opposite spirit. I do my finest work when things are bad!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2014, 06:00 AM
Morning Rose good luck with the paperwork.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose good luck with the paperwork.
Thanks Lynn... all done and printed and where it need to be thankfully

The rest of the day hopefully is mine....

Not seen the news yet
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:07 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Another humid day! Oh if only all that rain that fell yesterday had cooled it right down. I suppose this won't do must get Amber out and up the green. Have as good a day as is possible everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Morning Myra sorry its still humid there it is fresher here thank goodness.
Fingers crossed for your own day Rose. The news is very depressing.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Another humid day! Oh if only all that rain that fell yesterday had cooled it right down. I suppose this won't do must get Amber out and up the green. Have as good a day as is possible everyone, God bless.
Morning, Moyra..

Meant to tell you this.... A lady in a wheelchair was at the stall a while back. She had an Assistance Dog, a lovely pale Labrador. Told me she picks up anything that is dropped, take washing out of the machine etc. Fascinating!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Myra sorry its still humid there it is fresher here thank goodness.
Fingers crossed for your own day Rose. The news is very depressing.
I tend not to look too much at the news, Lynn. With no radio or TV it is easier.

When 9/11 happened I had a lot of US internet friends and was actually online on chat with one, a newspaper editor, when it happened. I never saw the film footage. Al that day and the next I was online for anyone who needed to talk.

I was on the island then and the following day when our once a week flight came in, I ducked. Realised then that enough was enough..People were getting PTSD from watching the news over and over again.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Good morning Lynn ,Rosebud morning all
Hope Dillon's ok n performs soon and no need for a vet visit
Rose good luck with the legal paperwork
Hope all suffering injury's illnesses ,aches and pains get better soon that goes for the doglets too
Been up since 4 30 couldn't sleep just too hot (shouldn't complain really ) even with the fan on didn't make any difference the muppets were unsettled too flopping about trying to find somewhere cool
Same old same old here
Car's sick cluch went yesterday managed to nurse it home I hate driving at the best of times being Sunday every one seemed to be out n about
Another blooming expense could of done without hopefully get the parts today n the oh will get it fixed
Already got 2loads of washing to hang out suppose being up early had it's advantages
Flipping eck what a lot of piffle I've just written
Hope everyone has a good day
Take care stay safe xxxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2014, 06:41 AM
Morning all!

Having been up rudely awakened some time before 5am and being unable to get back to sleep I gave up and got up so today will probably be another of those days where I sit here and doze off every once in a while. Probably while in the middle of typing something! Seriously though, this sleep deprivation is getting a bit beyond a joke now, and the rate I am yawning I reckon I am in danger of my mouth permanently locking into a wide open fly-catching cavity!

Da Booga is back to mainly ignoring things although she did have a few days when she went into "Mommy I am frightened" mode and was very clingy, but seems to be back to ignoring the noises now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she can get through today and tomorrow without a visit from The Monster, which will give her the ten clear days we want.

Lynn - oat bran is better than wheat bran if you can get it, and ground flax seeds also help if Dillon is a bit bunged up - they also contain a lot of Omega 3 so are doubly good. I buy them whole and use a coffee/spice grinder to grind them. Good added to Da Booga's wet meal, together with wheat germ. I rarely give her bran as she does not seem to have problems that end.

As for the news - I am being an ostrich as it just gets too much, and so many contradictory and incorrect news "statements" and comments from outside media, which just makes me angry.

Rose - I hope you enjoy your day of knitting and/or getting your goods ready for the market tomorrow.

Moyra - humidity is far worse than dry heat, and luckily it is rarely humid where I live as I am just that little bit inland. Also being south we do not get the horrid humidity they get in Tel Aviv and the central areas.

I hope everyone is keeping well and that you all have as good a day as you would want!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »