Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
This has been commented on in another thread were a breeder has rehomed a puppy with sight issues.
Do you think this is acceptable.
Personally I think it's appalling that this is allowed, as a breeder I'm responsible for giving life to my pups and as such they are always welcome back here for any reason, and I wouldnt dream of placing one of my dogs in rescue, certainly not an eight week old pup with health issues.
Just wondered what everyone else's opinions are.
If you breed you should take your responsibility for bringing new life into the world, and not offload any of the surplus to rescue,

When comparing the two threads, I find the replies to them both a little confusing, as it seems to be unanimous here that breeders should not offload their pups, yet in the other the response went the other way, almost everyone seemed to feel the breeder who offloaded the blind pup onto rescue was doing the right thing

So is a breeder that offloads healthy puppies to a rescue bad, and a breeder that offloads unhealthy pups to a rescue it good
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Where is the other thread
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Where is the other thread
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=157239 Here you go hun.
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
If you breed you should take your responsibility for bringing new life into the world, and not offload any of the surplus to rescue,

When comparing the two threads, I find the replies to them both a little confusing, as it seems to be unanimous here that breeders should not offload their pups, yet in the other the response went the other way, almost everyone seemed to feel the breeder who offloaded the blind pup onto rescue was doing the right thing

So is a breeder that offloads healthy puppies to a rescue bad, and a breeder that offloads unhealthy pups to a rescue it good

Not in my opinion to be honest Jackie I was shocked that anyone could think it was right to breed a litter and off load ANY puppy or for that matter dog they'd breed into rescue.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Gotta say the blind Rottie and Cocker with sight issues have both been marked as reserved ...
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Gotta say the blind Rottie and Cocker with sight issues have both been marked as reserved ...
Thats excellent news the reason I started another thread was I didnt want it to distract from the poor puppy.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks, gonna have a look now, but I don't think that it will ever be the right thing to do, and this person should never be allowed to breed again, and prolly shouldn't before this either.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Thats good to hear, but whats your opinion on the breeder that gave these pups to rescue, and what do you think of a breeder that just offloads surplus stock onto rescue, is one as bad as the other or maybe not, depending on your viewpoint??
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Thats good to hear, but whats your opinion on the breeder that gave these pups to rescue, and what do you think of a breeder that just offloads surplus stock onto rescue, is one as bad as the other or maybe not, depending on your viewpoint??
both bad imo
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2011, 04:47 PM
great news hope it works out for them
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Never is it right to dump pups you have bred either healthy or sick on rescue.

I agree with compulsary Micro chipping and keeping breeders details on record for them to be responsible should a dog they have bred end up in rescue.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4