Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:21 PM

Basset hound

It is with a very heavy heart that i have decided piglet needs to be found a new home.

She is 4 years old and spayed. She is NOT good with cats and this is not going to change, therefore no home with a resident cat will be considered.
She is OK with my young son but i do not trust her around him, so a home with no children or dog savvy children over the age of 13 may be considered.
She would ideally be suited to a home with a male dog, though may be fine with a quiet female.

She is not aggressive to dogs she meets out and about but she would much rather be left alone by them.

She ideally needs a quiet home, a retired couple would be ideal, but she is still young and does require at least an hours a day exercise (though on the odd wet day would be happy enough just with the company of people).

I have not owned her for long but have fallen in love with her and this is breaking my heart, but i feel it is the best decision for both my son, the other dogs and cat and for her.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Oh Layla poor you I know how you must be feeling.
I hope things turn out well for you and Piglet
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh you poor thing, I know this would not have been easy at all... wish we could help, but with two bitches here, not sure it would be wise really.... I wish you every success with her though. Take care xxx
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks, it really is not an easy decision and it really is breaking my heart.
I made the decision a few weeks ago after she attacked my cat which resulted in her needing emergency surgery but have been doubting my decision and cryign my eyes out at the thought of her leaving, but it is for the best, sadly

Once she gets to know you she is so loving, all she wants is a warm bed, a nice walk and someone to have cuddles with in front of the TV.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Piggy went to her new home today. Bittersweet as i know she has gone to a good home but i will miss her terribly
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh I am glad that she found another good home. Must be so very sad for you, but a good outcome.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear this, although I know it is probably for the best. I hope she finds a lovely home soon.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Aww {{hugs}}

Good luck piglet xx
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:25 PM
sorry that things haven't worked out be happy Piglet
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Sorry to read this, I missed that you were looking to rehome her. It is very sad that she can't stay with you, but it sounds as though it is for the best for all concerned.

I do know how you feel though, as I am rehoming my horse and it is breaking my heart - but I know I am doing the right thing for her.

Are you going to keep in touch with the new owners?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >