Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Disasterous Munster

Without going into 1,000's of words about the awful time I had, I'll just mention some of the gossip.....
FIVE DOGS KILLED one saved, poison suspected.
ONE DOG STOLEN from it's crate at the Limerick show.
Weatenmad had a very bad experience in the ring but I'll let her tell you about it.

The good news....

It didn't rain ALL the time.
I have a new job handling a Samoyd in Veterans, instead of being left simply to watch as Polly is still entered for the next few shows. Thanks to Iris for saving my sanity.
As for the rest.....
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Good God, disaster is an understatement. Thats horrific, what on earth happened, what's the story?

Dawn R.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 06:31 PM
How terrible Gill
paulabgv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Good grief thats awful. What terrible thing to happen
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Details are sketchy and at least second hand. The first I heard of was a Borzoi, travelling from Dublin to Clonmel for the show on Sunday, owner who was driving thought things were a little quiet in the back, stopped to check, one dead dog.
The next report (from a different group of people) had extended this to a Dogue and a Briard (I think) one of them was just 2 years old and had won the Green Star that day. The owner of one was reported on Wednesday as getting an autopsy done, the story changed from heart attack to poisoning yesterday and by then 5 were dead and one nearly died, but managed to be saved. The common thread connecting most was that they were using the same ring at one of the shows.
On Wednesday night I went to a barbeque held by the family camped next to me, their Bassett had become very ill and had to be rushed to the vet, touch and go, might be victim no. 7?
That's all I've heard before coming home, I'll keep my ear to the ground as our next Champ show is next Saturday so no doubt the gossip will have crystalised by then.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 09:30 PM
How tragic. I know it's a competition, but still.....
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 09:57 PM
On the bright side, I met Wheatenmad who is a lovely young lady who was thoroughly kissed by the four legged Deccy. I chatted to her mum, too. Great to put a face to the name.

There is speculation that this incident(s) is that of someone anti-showing rather than a rival exhibitor but that is just chit chat at the moment. Another story going around is that another dog was poisoned a few weeks ago but that was allegedly by another exhibitor and probably not connected to this week.... I hope. That dog survived and is returned to good health but the owner's plans to breed from her have now been permanently cancelled. She was the last of a line so the perpetrator did a thorough job.

We'll see what turns upin the dog press.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh Deccy thats terrible you certainly don't need any more shocks at the moment
How lovely meeting Sarah and her gorgeous dogs too I guess ..
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 01:26 PM
That is appalling news, thank heavens Deccy wasn't affected though.

The poor owners must be distraught With all the different breeds involved it sounds unlikely to me that it was just a rival competitor, otherwize only the same breed would be affected?

Whatever the reason this is shocking news, what kind of mindless person would contemplate such a thing
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 01:30 PM
That is just awful!!!
That is not a 'dog lover' that did that!! Surely someone that shows dogs cannot do something like that to a dog!? Am I being naive?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >