View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your very interesting replies, although you all seem to have had different experiences along the way one thing really stands out to me-that you breed for the love of your dogs and to hopefully improve your chosen breed.
Very nice to hear and yes I totally agree something not to be entered into lightly. Although it is not something I would consider doing for many reasons I really enjoy hearing about the experiences of others and improving my "doggie knowledge" in general.

When we hear so many bad stories about BYB's and puppy farmers it is good to know that there are those who take the decision for all the right reasons.
mosie.mander-_@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi Kirsty, I am glad you asked the question because it has been on my mind to breed from Willow. I know l am talking about a long time in the future Willow a black Labrador and is only 8 weeks old.

The reason it is a issue for me is my vet asked me was l going to breed from Willow. His concern is that my previous Lab Bramble got breast cancer. She was spayed after her first season. My Vet said they now feel it is better to spay before they come into season so the breast tissue does not develop. I am thinking of acting on his advice.

Mosie
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Ive had the same breed for over 20 years and al;ways had dogs. I had my name down for a bitch fr 5 years untl the right mating came up.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2