Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 07:23 PM

An enjoyable day!

We went to Dublin today for the Monkstown International and the breed club show and I can honestly say it's the wettest day I have ever been out in! The Monkstown International was outside, there are no wet weather rings in Ireland, but there were two marquees and a gazebo so we huddled under the gazebo and the steward called us into the first tent by class, then we went in the second one at a time to be judged, then it was out in the lashing rain to move the dogs. Anyway, Deccy moved beautifully and got a good third in Open dog behind two highly respected dogs (one a Champion and the other just needs one more Green Star) and was graded excellent so I was pleased with that. He celebrated by rolling in the mud so it took a good while to make him look decent again
Then we moved inside for the club show, same entry in Open dog, Deccy was 2nd this time, very surprised we beat the third placed dog, then he went Best Liver in Show so we came home with a trophy!
I even won a prize in the raffle.
All in all, an enjoyable day despite the weather.
I bumped into Karen (KarenandColonel) she is not connected up to the net yet at her new place but hopes to be back on line this week.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Well done to you both, The one thing I don't miss about showing is running round & round on wet grass. Specially when the judge stood underneath an umbrella or a gazebo. However those results were worth getting soaked for.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to you and big hugs to Deccy
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Congratulations!
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Sorry the weather wasn't good for you but WELL DONE Deccy and a trophy too - hope to see pics of the lovely Deccy and his trophy!

A great day with some great wins for you - well done!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
What a shame about the weather, it really can spoil a nice day out! At least you had a good win though, bet that cheered you up!

I went to York Open Show today and in contrast the weather was sweltering! Thankfully managed to find some shade as I was in danger of burning to a crisp!

Also in contrast, Isla was a complete g*t in the ring, but we managed to get Reserve.

Really pleased as it was a class of 6, all Livers and all 5 bred by the top breeder in the country.

So we celebrated with 1/2 a Cider on the way home!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 05:29 AM
What a brilliant result, Gill.

Well done Deccy!