Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 08:29 AM

Cat mess help!

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if it should have been in the 'Diet & Nutrition ' or 'Dog Health' section, so I've put it here.

We have just got new neighbours and they have a lovely big fluffy cat, the only problem is it does it's business on our lawn, (I'm assuming it's their cat, as this has only started happening since they've arrived), and Jack has started eating it, yummy!!, does anyone know of a way I can keep the cat from doing this, the owners are very nice, but what can they do, I've tried getting out and picking it up before I let him out, but not found it and Jack has, also is there any health problems likely to occure from him eating it, apart from the fact that it makes me wretch every time I see him doing it.

Christine
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-05-2007, 08:42 AM
try putting cat deterent in google theres afew sites that sell ultrasonic cat alarms

not sure if they are any good but its worth a shot
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I used to have neighbours cats pooing under the fir trees at the bottom of the garden behind the rockery where it was nice and dry.
My two old jrt's used to rush down the garden (especially if they'd been looking out of the french windows at the cats) and eat all of it!

The vet suggested putting extra hot chilli powder on it, once tasted it would put them off.

So we did.

They loved it even more

Sorry, not a lot of help am I?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
try pepper i put it on my rockery and our cats hated it x
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Breagh thinks cat poo is delicious! Not good seeing as we have 4 cats and all our neighbours have them too!

It's seemingly very common- something to do with cats not digesting as much from their food so to the dog is seems like a tasty meal! Not good for the dog breath though!!! YUCK!!!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 07:31 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you have a fence between you and your neighbours, if so you can get some stuff called prickka stripper, which cats don't like to walk on!!!!!!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Apple Cider Vinegar will work, place it in cups or bowls where you do not want the cats to go - it does work, honestly
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Feeding pineapple juice or chunks is supposed to help stop them eat pooh, its an awkward one as you don't want the dog to get whats put down for the cat, that prikka stripper sounds good.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 12:29 PM
sorry should'nt laugh , but i have the same problem with gemma does'nt seem to matter whos poo it is she will eat it :smt001 yuck!!!,even when were in the park she will find i assume rabbit poo,but no ill effect ,i did ask the vet about this a while ago and he said if its their own poo you can try putting pineapple juice in their food and that stops it ,but being practical your powerless if its not your pet so like me you'll have to suffer poo breath .................and avoid kisses at all costs
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Just try putting down napthalene flakes in your garden - it won't hurt just about any plant, but cats hate it.

You could also try orange /lemon peel, if you don't want to any chemical deterrent.

Apart from that, try one of those "water squirters" at about ten paces - prime it first and then aim.

Guranteed to keep a cat at home.

I'm in Australia - don't you have any laws about cats?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >