Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-04-2013, 12:35 AM

Come back Fingal - all is forgiven

I'm sure somewhere in the deep distant past I said I'd never have another 'pet' Springer.

Little Mij is reminding me why

Bless him. He's a funny wee thing and into everything. We've the know how to get him on the straight and narrow but I think we've some fun times ahead.

Lesson 1 - Cat flaps and chickens in the garden don't mix well
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Hehe. Oh dear! Where we live they churn out working cockers and springers like there's no tomorrow and sell them to anybody it seems. Last week I met a OAP woman walking a 7 month old working springer, very slowly....on lead...in the middle of the new forest. She was checking it on the lead regularly and complaining that it was stupid and did nothing she told it too and she couldn't let it off the lead because it didnt come back.

It took all my powers of restraint note to tell her that she was bloody stupid for getting a working springer if she couldn't cater for its needs, that it was tountamount to cruelty to walk it though such an interesting scent filled place and expect it to heel perfectly and pay completed attention to her.....that she wasn't that interesting....and that she should rehome it and buy something more suitable to her needs like a Pekingese.....or a tortoise!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Just remembered another one too. Waiting to cross the road and a woman in high heels, fake tan, fake nails, plastered n make up etc came and stood next to me with a 4 monthly springer. There was a flock of starlings swooping around above us and the pup was amazed, spinning in circles to get a better look as it watched them intently. ....and the silly cow said (insert TOWIE type voice) 'I don't know what's wrong with this dog ....it's obsessed with birds!"

I just looked at her....opened my mouth, shut it and thought ...there really is no point!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I'm sure somewhere in the deep distant past I said I'd never have another 'pet' Springer.

Bless him. He's a funny wee thing and into everything. We've the know how to get him on the straight and narrow but I think we've some fun times ahead.

you have to admit Phil they are very 'entertaining' and keep you on your toes
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Hi Chickens are not daft,and will come in using the cat flap,our pup is a caution as well,but because of her issues wedo tend to be a bit soft with her,training may take a bit longer,but we would rather see her happy and acting the fool.crystalgirl
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Just remembered another one too. Waiting to cross the road and a woman in high heels, fake tan, fake nails, plastered n make up etc came and stood next to me with a 4 monthly springer. There was a flock of starlings swooping around above us and the pup was amazed, spinning in circles to get a better look as it watched them intently. ....and the silly cow said (insert TOWIE type voice) 'I don't know what's wrong with this dog ....it's obsessed with birds!"

I just looked at her....opened my mouth, shut it and thought ...there really is no point!
Hi,We had this lady down the road from us,she wasnt english,but one day we saw her walking,she had these sort of float toys,my stepson had them for retrieving.she was so pleased with her latest dog,he is going to be like the ones on the tv,I looked at the dog expecting to see a springle spangel,but no it was a king charles,I didnt say anything,but thought best of luck missus.crystalgirl
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Oh dear crystalgirl.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-04-2013, 09:42 AM
It's Mij using the cat flap rather than the chickens lol. That's been sorted now though.

I have to say he been pretty good on the whole and we've only had a couple of 'chew' moments which is good considering the kids aren't very good at putting things away.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 10:54 AM
I've never had Springers but know of a lady who did. Wow, the stories she told me made me afraid of ever getting a springer foster.

She also had 2 older one's and they were very nice dogs, so I guess they do mellow down when they hit their senior years.

What did Mij do when she used the cat flap and saw the chickens?
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Sounds like you will be kept busy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >